Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ari-cornish
Level: Powered On

Flow not showing up for run users

Hello,

My document approval flow is not showing up for my run users in SharePoint. The flow has worked for a few weeks now and nothing is wrong with the flow logic itself. I, the owner, can run and test the flow without a problem. It's just not appearing to my coworkers. 

However, I have noticed for myself (the owner) that the flow will appear in the top navigation but not in the selected drop-down. Is this an issue with my flow, Flow itself, or possibly SharePoint? 

Images attached: 

flow not showing 1.pngFlow not showing up for run users nor flow owner in the selected drop-down

flow not showing 2.PNGFlow showing up ONLY for the flow owner and not for the run users in the top navigation

flow not showing 3.PNGMy flow logic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ari-cornish

Re: Flow not showing up for run users

The issue with Flow has seemed to resolve itself. My flow is now showing up in the top navigation and select drop-down. 

@Tom_Slosseyou were most likely correct that it was a bug on Microsoft's end and would correct itself in time. 

Thank you to everyone who replied! It was greatly appreciated!! Smiley Happy 

7 REPLIES 7
dougallen

Can I ask how the Flow was created?  From blank or from the library?  I've seen Flow be a little buggy when you use the trigger "for a selected item" and create the Flow "from scratch" and exhibit this behavior.  It seems to be bug-free if you go to the library, click to create flow and choose any template that has the for a selected item.  Then get rid of all actions and create your Flow from there.  I believe I first heard of that tip from @WonderLaura.  

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ari-cornish ,

I did a test on my side. If you add other users as Run only users, they can also see and use the corresponding Flow on the top navigation.

Please take a try again.

As far as the Flow you mentioned cannot be displayed in the selected drop-down, I can reproduce similar problems here.

We have reported this issue and if there are any updates, we will post back.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dany

Hi All,

Same behavior here since yesterday. Flows don't show in the line item 3-dot menus. It works when selecting a line and using the Flow dropdown from the top menu however.

Same for the owner and users.

Regards,

dh7

UPDATE - it is working for run only users via the top menu now, however right click menu still doesn't show the flow. 

ORIGINAL POST:

I have been experiencing the same issue since late last week as well.  Flow was working fine.  No changes made.  Now run only users can't see the flows.  The behaviour is exactly the same as @ari-cornish has reported.  Any of the owners can run the flow, however run only users can't.  The owners can only run the flow via the Flow in the menu at the top.  If we right click and try and select the Flow the option isn't there.  

Any news on this issue? 

dkuebler
Level: Power Up

We experience the same problem. Owners can see and run all the flows but the "run only users" can't even see the flow in the dropdown:

run only user:

flow-nok.png

owner:

flow-ok.png

Super User
Super User

All

This is probably a bug.

It used to work, so I guess they will fix this eventually.

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ari-cornish

The issue with Flow has seemed to resolve itself. My flow is now showing up in the top navigation and select drop-down. 

@Tom_Slosseyou were most likely correct that it was a bug on Microsoft's end and would correct itself in time. 

Thank you to everyone who replied! It was greatly appreciated!! Smiley Happy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 287 members 3,647 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: