cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveM1
Level: Powered On

Flow not triggering on random files in sharepoint folder

I am running an multistage approval flows- we have a number of folders in sharepoint - one for each approver- and each with an associated flow.  If approval is given the flow records any comments in a list and moves the files [excel] to the next approvers folder, triggering its flow.  The problem I have is this works 80% of the time, but flows appear to not trigger on moved files at [what appers to be] random times. I am using the 'When File is Created[properties only]' trigger.  I can not see any difference in the files not triggering the flows - they are all from the same template.  Anyone else seen and solved this?

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow not triggering on random files in sharepoint folder

Hi @DaveM1 ,

I did some tests on my side, and sometimes the Flow trigger time was a little later than expected, but it was able to trigger normally.

I guess it may be because there are too many parallel flows, causing some Flows to fail to trigger properly.

You could try to specify a specific Folder so that the trigger can directly monitor the changes made at the folder level, not the entire Library.

In addition, you could try to configure Concurrency Control to see if it can improve the current situation.

Please check following link and see if it helps:

http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/2/serverless-parallelism-in-microsoft-flow-and-sharepoint

http://mlogdberg.com/logicapps/concurrency-control

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 229 members 4,693 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: