cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henryho
Level: Powered On

Flow using File System Create File but No gateway found although on-promises Gateway is running

Hi

Can you please help me to configure my On-premise data gateway or My Flow connector? I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times and the On-promises Data gateway shows it is running properly and connected . However, In Microsoft Flow, when creating a new connector File System -Create File, under gateway drop down list, it shows No gateways found" and select to install Gateways and tried several times the Connector cannot find any Gateway.

I tried to install the On-premises on Windows Server 2016 in my company network also on my personal machine Windows 7 at home to rule out the firewall issue but neither of them work.

I am using the FlowPlan 2 (trial) account which has 89 days left so I believe Ican use Gateways with my account during trial.

I could not see an option to upload screenshots.

Thank you

Henry

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow using File System Create File but No gateway found although on-promises Gateway is running

Hi @ henryho,

Could you please check whether the connection you have selected is the right one.

Further, please check the Username, Password, gateway in your connection.

You could create the connection refer to screenshots below:

1.png

Make sure the Username is  configured to “DOMAIN\Username” and the Password is correct.

In addition, make sure the gateway you choose should be an already installed gateway in your computer.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

henryho

Re: Flow using File System Create File but No gateway found although on-promises Gateway is running

Hi Alice,

Thank you for your response. I wish I can attach my screenshots here for you to understand the issue better.

Let me explain the issue better.

1. I coul install the on premises deta gateway succesfully and it is running. When checking the Network Status it says it is Connected. I tried both to switch to HTTPS mode on or off , it makes no difference

2. However, when create a connection, in the screen you showed, there is no Gateway listed in the gateway drop down list. it says "No gateways found. There is an option +Install gateway and I tried this several times but still the create a new Connection cannot detect the installed gateway. I run the broswer to open flow.microsoft,com on the same machine my gateway installed.

3. In flow.microsoft.com, i tried to create a flow the action is Create File for the folder path, click ... it show a pop up File System/File System: and an error: Key "gateway" not dound in connection profile client requestID 5C5EB78E-AB29-4E1F-97C7-D4E4AD2F2D57

4. I tried both on Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2018. Windows 7 but same issue. Maybe my trial account cannot be used with gateway although I check the functionality matrix it shows my Flow Plan 2 (trial) support Gateway.

If I can make this Gateway work I will defnitly upgrade my free Flow plan to Flow Plan 1 or 2

Any suggestion to make my installed gateway recognized?

Thanks,

Henry

henryho

Hi Alice,

Any other suggestions for me to troubleshoot? FYI, I installed On-promises data gateway in my computer at home to rule out the company's firewall. but in Flow it does not recognized my installed on-promises gateway.

Thanks,

Henry

Highlighted
Playman2006

I also am having this issue. I have a setup to a network share, because why would you set it up to a local computer (bad practice) and it will not find the gateway that i have installed and verified connection too. 

The root folder is supposed to be the network share that I have on the network server right? 

The account i ma connecting to it with is a domain account that has admin access to thw whole computer... so no problems there. 

The best difference i can find is that our O365 is tied to a parent domain and the file server is on a trusted domain?

Would this cause any issues. I hope i can get a response off this old thread that for some reason was ignored. 

Capture.PNG

D10ny5u5

Do you recall if you got past the "No gateways found". I too have this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 73 members 3,291 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: