cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danielle_CU
Level: Powered On

Flow won't send form notification to shared email address...

Trying to create my first flow. Smiley Happy

I created it from the template "Send flow responses for approval." I want the "Assigned to" field to be a shared email address that my team uses so it's easier to keep track of and anyone who's available at the time can work on the request. However, it only seems to be allowing individual email addresses from my institutions global address list (the shared email address is not in that list) in that field. Is there a way to change that on the flow? Or maybe I am using the wrong template?

Appreciate any help you can provide! ~Danielle

InkedAccessFlow_LI.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow won't send form notification to shared email address...

@Danielle_CU 

Hi there!  I think this is because Flow keeps track of which user gives which response, and if it's a shared email (I'm guessing almost like a distribution list with sub-users), then it can't tie that to anything in CDS.
One option might be to direct the approval to the people the email is shared with (the 'sub-users') and leave it as First to Respond.

The obvious downside there is that if you are maintaining that list a bunch, you'll need to manually adjust where the approval emails go.  If the list is pretty static, then this should work ok.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Super User
Super User

On mine it won't start the "autofill" for a shared email like a regular one does but if you go into outlook and do an email to the shared account to get the address it uses for it and then copy that email address and paste it into Flow it should allow it then. 

I have a bunch that send to shared email addresses on my end.

Danielle_CU
Level: Powered On

@edgonzales thanks for the suggestion. We want the flow to work with our shared/group email address so that there's a consistent record of the requests and any follow up emails coming through. 

@rebeccas I have tried that and unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I appreciate the suggestion, though! It doesn't appear that the shared email is listed in our Global Address book in Outlook, so it's not being recognized by Flow.

I found out late yesterday afternoon, that we have a Flow 'expert' in my organization...I'm going to track him down and see if it's something specific to the way things are set up internally. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 84 members 4,547 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: