cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B2018
Level: Powered On

Flows getting stuck/pausing for no reason

Hi all, I recently posted about this and was prepared to just write it as a one-off. At a certain stage my flow got stuck and upon hitting 'resubmit' it then works fine. 

But now this is has happened again and so isn't a one off. This time a different form filled out from a different site has got stuck trying to start an approval for >24hrs. Luckily I caught this one before it was stuck any longer. 

Capture.JPG

The approval steps for each flow for each site are identical and seemingly most work fine. Thing is I can't even set to notify me as the step has actually 'failed' it just gets stuck. Anyone any ideas? 

Capture2.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flows getting stuck/pausing for no reason

Hi @B2018 ,

Do you mean that Flow is always stuck in Start and wait for an approval action?

If so, this is normal because it waits for Approver complete approval process. As long as an Approver selects Approve or Reject, the action can continue and the remaining steps are completed.

Because the results of other actions are good, it seems that the configuration is fine. There is no error message, just waiting for the approval process to complete.

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
B2018
Level: Powered On

Re: Flows getting stuck/pausing for no reason

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

What I mean is the approvers never receive any notification that there is a new approval for them.The approval step never executes and notifies anyone so as far as they're concerned there is no waiting approval.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 132 members 4,654 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: