cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stas
Level: Powered On

Forward email flow with specific recipient

I'm trying to create a flow based on the "Forward emails with and without attachment from Office 365" template in order to forward emails to a specific teams channel. This works fine, as long as I'm not specifying any specific recipient address in the trigger but stops working if I want to differentiate the recipient, the original mail was sent to. Any idea how to get this one fixed?

9 REPLIES 9
Super User
Super User

Re: Forward email flow with specific recipient

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Stas ,

Do you mean that you want to filter the incoming emails based on the “To” field?

According to your description, I have started the flow from the template, setting To field as my own email address.

However, as you mentioned, the flow won’t be triggered once To field is filled with certain email address.

1.PNG

I will do more test and try to involve more resources into this issue, will back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Stas

Hi @v-yamao-msft, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Below is the screenshot of the simplified flow. It's working as long as the "To" filed is not set. When "To" field is filled with an email address, the flow is not triggered at all, so no exceptions or errors occur.

Screenshot

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Stas ,

Could you try again with this issue?

I have made another test and it seems to be working fine now.

Whenever an email arrives, if the email address I specified in the To field contains in the email addresses to which the email was sent, the flow will be triggered successfully.

1.PNG

If the issue still exists, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Stas

Hi @v-yamao-msft, unfortunatey, I'm getting the same result. Everything works fine, as long as "to" is not set und stucks, when set. The address I want to use is an alias. Could this cause the issue?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Stas ,

Thanks for updating with more details.

The alias you are using might be the cause.

You should input an email address but not an alias. I am using an email address and it is working fine.

From the doc we know that, To property should be “Trigger a flow based on the address to which an email was sent. This property can be useful if you receive email that was sent to different email addresses in the same inbox”.

Please check the doc at here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/email-triggers

Best regards,

Mabel

Stas

Hi @v-yamao-msft, thanks for the reply. But wouldn't be an alias exactly that, what is mentionend in the documentation "... different email addresses in the same inbox..."? Obviously, there is no option in Office 365 other, than creating an alias to route several email addresses to one mailbox.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Stas ,

Thanks for updating.

But I am afraid that it is email address that is required in the To field but not an alias.

Best regards,

Mabel  

Stas

Hi, @v-yamao-msft, just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

Having one Office 365 mailbox for stas@mycompany.com user / email address and one alias stas2@mycompany.com pointing to the same mailbox, I'm not able to filter messages sent to the stas2@mycompany.com email address. Is this right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 357 members 5,186 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: