cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
peteaxtell
Level: Powered On

Getting appointment attendees (activity party) from Dynamics 365

I cannot find a way to get appointment attendees in Flow or PowerApps using either the Dynamics 365 or Common Data Service connectors. The Activity Party entity is not available and the Appointment entity does not include the required attendees field.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Getting appointment attendees (activity party) from Dynamics 365

Hi @peteaxtell 

If you first get the Appointments using the Common Data Service connector you can loop through these and obtain all the Activity Party records for each Appointment by using a custom value in the entity drop down.

In the Entity Name field select "Enter custom value" and type in "activityparties". Then in the Filter Query field type "_activityid_value eq " and then select the Appointment Id from your Dynamic content panel. You can then loop these records in a later Flow action.

2019-06-25_15-26-55.gif

By using the Enter custom value option, you are able to query for any entity that you would have access to via the Dynamics 365 Web API.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @peteaxtell 

If you first get the Appointments using the Common Data Service connector you can loop through these and obtain all the Activity Party records for each Appointment by using a custom value in the entity drop down.

In the Entity Name field select "Enter custom value" and type in "activityparties". Then in the Filter Query field type "_activityid_value eq " and then select the Appointment Id from your Dynamic content panel. You can then loop these records in a later Flow action.

2019-06-25_15-26-55.gif

By using the Enter custom value option, you are able to query for any entity that you would have access to via the Dynamics 365 Web API.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

peteaxtell
Level: Powered On

Thanks very much

Heaven4ever2
Level: Power Up

Hello @LeeHarris 

I'm in a similar situation although with just one record needing Activity Parties added.  I'm trying to create a phone call.  I have been able to add the information calling the activityparties as entity, but when I run the flow, it fails with an error 400 no matter if I use the create, update, or using your list method.,  Any suggestions?: 

{
"status": 400,
"message": "--batchresponse_7f7318e1-de1c-45ab-af4b-6e732063e6d9\r\nContent-Type: application/http\r\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: binary\r\n\r\nHTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request\r\nREQ_ID: 19b1c7dc-8906-4a8a-92cf-a12c5e5ce021\r\nContent-Type: application/json; odata.metadata=minimal\r\nOData-Version: 4.0\r\n\r\n{\"error\":{\"code\":\"0x80040800\",\"message\":\"The 'Update' method does not support entities of type 'activityparty'.\",\"innererror\":{\"message\":\"The 'Update' method does not support entities of type 'activityparty'.\",\"type\":\"System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]\",\"stacktrace\":\" at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, InvocationContext invocationContext, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType, Boolean checkAdminMode, ExecutionContext executionContext, Dictionary`2 optionalParameters)\\r\\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataExecutionContext.Upsert(Entity entity)\\r\\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataExecutionContext.Update(Entity entity, UpdateOption updateOption)\\r\\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataServiceDataProvider.UpdateEdmEntity(CrmODataExecutionContext context, String edmEntityName, String entityKeyValue, EdmEntityObject entityObject)\\r\\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.EntityController.PatchEntityImplementation(String& entityName, String key, EdmEntityObject entityDelta)\\r\\n at Microsoft.PowerApps.CoreFramework.ActivityLoggerExtensions.Execute[TResult](ILogger logger, EventId eventId, ActivityType activityType, Func`1 func, IEnumerable`1 additionalCustomProperties)\\r\\n at Microsoft.Xrm.Telemetry.XrmTelemetryExtensions.Execute[TResult](ILogger logger, XrmTelemetryActivityType activityType, Func`1 func)\\r\\n at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\\r\\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\\r\\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\\r\\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\\r\\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\\r\\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\\r\\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()\\r\\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\\r\\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\\r\\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\\r\\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()\\r\\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\\r\\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\\r\\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\\r\\n at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()\"}}}\r\n--batchresponse_7f7318e1-de1c-45ab-af4b-6e732063e6d9--",
"source": "cbnsandbox1.crm.dynamics.com",
"errors": [],
"debugInfo": "clientRequestId: 7c7d34d5-38e1-4ea5-b8c7-21d1324481a1"
}

What I'm trying to do is really simple, just create a phone call or letter activity based on values coming from a PowerApp, with lots of information already pre-populated.  I'm just struggling connecting the From/To of the activities, since I intend to use the Regarding for a custom entity.

Thank you for you help!
Super User
Super User

Hi @Heaven4ever2 

As far as I can tell, the activity party entity is only available for Read access using the Web API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/web-api/activityparty?view=dynamics...).

This may be why it is also not possible to set the from and to fields using the standard Create/Update record actions in the CDS connector, and I would imagine that this limitation also exists in PowerApps.

Unless you can find a really creative way of working around this, I'd suggest posting this in the Ideas board with a link to it here (it gets my vote).

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 287 members 3,586 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: