cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starship12
Level: Powered On

Getting "Unauthorised" message

Hi all,

My flows have been working fine up until today, where I have been getting this error message "Unauthorised" when updating Sharepoint list. Has anyone else come across the same issue? The account that is triggering the flow has permissions to update the sharepoint list 

issue.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Getting "Unauthorised" message

Hi All,

MS Flow Support has released an update and this issue seems to have been resolved.

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Please check if there is still an issue with the related Flow. If so, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
29 REPLIES 29
AronBrown

Morning Starship12, I am having the same issue. Tried to re-run several times today and I am continuing to het the error on sharepoint list steps... Is this a known issue?

Super User
Super User

Same here.  MOST flows are failing on simple SP Get Items and such actions.  This is a DOWN situation!  Microsoft ticket is submitted.  

image.png

AronBrown

Do you have a ticket # for anyone to keep an eye on?

Super User
Super User

You have a way to do that?

SR number 119043023002044

For your info, I had them on the phone yesterday, and they did see the errors ocurring.  After about 30min of trying different things, the flows started working again.  When I asked "what did we do, and why are they working again?" they were not able to asnwer.  That concerned me most, because I'm not sure they even understand what is happening yet.  Also, the lack of a message on https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ does not give me much confidence that we are anywhere close to a solution yet. 

image.png

AronBrown

Not on the site, but if you call in referencing a ticket #, they escalate after it gets so many responses

Super User
Super User

Ok, good.  I posted this on another post in the PA forum.

AronBrown

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to follow up with you all, I just got off the phone with Microsoft Flow Support team and they let me know it is a known issue and took time to review my flow that was erroring out with this error as well to make sure it wasnt something else.

They let me know the ETA on its resolution is 2-3 days unfortunatley... But hey, at least its not our flows that are the problem. I was for sure my flow had become unstable due to a change with the new monthly updates.

Thanks everyone! - Aron Brown  Smiley LOL

Super User
Super User

@AronBrown 

I wish it were our flows... and we could make a change the problem never happens again!  Issues like this are core to the system.  I have been experiencing down time about once a month from core problems like this, and if this continues, I think my company will be ending it's use of these tools.  The features are great, and the interface for the users is great, but core reliability is somthing we cannot sacrifice.  I'm very concerned that these tools are mature enough to rely on in a business environment.  Down time means we have idle people, and that is far too expensive to accept.  

AronBrown

@martinav 

Agreed, But for me its riding a fine line of how fast this platform is scaling and the ability to edit in JSON. With how fast it is growing out, i expect issues to arrise. But for me, I cant sell this to my clients if it is unstable and causes re-work by analysts. so I am split on this issue to be honest

Super User
Super User

So far, I have seen three types of problems.  These are problems that come up AFTER you have your app working, and all of the suddon, something happens.

1. Issues that require you to rewrite things because what worked once, no longer does.  (example, using Gallery.Selected as your "Item" in an edit form quit working properly.  Now, use Set(GalleryItem,Gallery.Selected) then use GalleryItem as your item, because forms started pulling in the WRONG data if you didnt do this.

2. Issues like today.  Core issue makes your apps stop working for some or all users... some or all apps.  

3. Uncertainty with App Advanced Settings.  The descriptions on these settings make them sound like they will help you, or encourage you to use them.  Unpredictable results with settings one way or another make it very difficult to know where these settings need to be.  Even calling MS for help... I have had them say "Try changing <Setting> off it it is on, or on if it is off."  This does not give me confidence that even MS knows how these settings will affect your apps.  These settings need to be well defined, and it needs to be understood what functionality may NOT work with any of them set one way or another.  There are FAR to many of these settings to practically turn them on and off as trial an error to see what they do.  This is a big issue.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @starship12 @starship12 @AronBrown ,

MS Flow support has also released relevant information to confirm some flows using SharePoint Online connector started failing with the "Unauthorized" error code.

Please check this link:

This issue is currently being fixed, if there are any updates, we would post back in time.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rele_2018

Hey Microsoft Flow Team, I have this issue too and it drove me crazy trying to figure out if I had accidentally changed any permissions. I have a few flows that all seem to fail with "Unauthorised" message during Create item or Update item in list. How do I submit a ticket # to escalate this issue? Please resolve it asap and let all of us know when it's resolved. Thanks!

flow error2.PNGflow error.PNG

starship12

Hi @rele_2018 , you can log tickets with Microsoft from this website https://emea.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ , scroll down and click on "Contact Support". I think you can call to report as well but I'm not sure what their number is

bulbulm
Level: Power Up

Hi All,

I am stil seeing this intermittent issue. Also I have raised Sev A case but till now no update from them. Is this issue still persists in yours Teneant.

bulbulm
Level: Power Up

Hi All,

Just now I had a call with MS engineer and issue has reolved 10 minutes back and I am able to create flow.

As this issue is intermittent only so keep observing.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi All,

MS Flow Support has released an update and this issue seems to have been resolved.

Please check if there is still an issue with the related Flow. If so, please let us know.

Best Regards,

ThomFromUoC

Hi Kris

Any chance you could provide a direct link to where the release notes are fo rthis issue? They provide a more official resource to our users to explain the issues we've had.

Many thanks

Thom

Super User
Super User

@ThomFromUoC 

This is a good question.  Haveing a log of the history would be a nice reference.

@v-bacao-msft  I have seen excerpts of such a history.  Is this publically available?

Highlighted
DataFailure

I have encountered this error on some runs in 3 of 8 of my flows on the 12th and 15th of July. Has anyone else encountered this error on those days or in the last week? 

Is there anything I can do other than resubmit the runs that failed? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 79 members 4,532 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: