I'm almost afraid to say it... but I have not had any problems to speak of in any degree since mid May this year. I have many flows, and I do not know of any that have failed in any manner, nor in the manner you are speaking.
You probably have already done this, but have a look in Data/Connections on the left menu, and see of everything looks happy there. Refresh or re-login to any troubled connections.
If that is not the issue, please show a little more of which actions are failing. Determine if they are using a gateway, etc.
Hope this hasn't jinxed you!
I've double checked the connections and they all say 'connected'. The weird thing is that only a couple of the runs that ran on those days failed, most of them had no problems. All of the Flows are structured in the same way - it’s a request system with a Flow for each group.
Here is a snip of the one of the Flows with the failure message. The error note in the righthand sidebar says "Error: Action 'Update_item_2' failed". All the Flow runs that failed have failed at this same place - an approval request has been rejected.
The Flow is meant to pick up, via dynamic tags, the response(reject), comments, response date, and approver email and put them into dedicated columns in the SharePoint list. Those same dynamic tags are used in the Post Message 3 action for Teams and appeared there correctly
I'm not a high level user so don't know how to check for gateways. On the two days that there were failures my account password was reset but it's odd to think that only one of the conenctors would suffer from this?
Its not entirely odd that some may fail on a password change. Each connector, i believe, has indepentend authorization with your office365 account. Since this is a sharepoint connector, its not a gateway issue. Gateway is used to get to any sources on a local server (Such as SQL), not with cloud based sources.
Now that we know what connector it is (Sharepoint), go back to your connections, and pick "Switch account", then re-select your office365 login. See if that gets you anywhere. I have 4 sharepoint connectors that all look alike. If you have more than one, be sure to do this with all of them.
Did you say this is a 100% issue with this flow? Or, it is intermittent? If its intermittent, then we need to look deeper.
Good to know that it could have been down to the password change. I'll be more careful in the future about when it changes. Have also found the Gateway stuff, and I don't have one installed, but its good to know what it would be used for.
Have now done the switch account for all the connectors. The issue has been intermittent. Here are the run histories for the three Flows around the failed runs with Start time/Duration/Status.
Flow A: failed at update sharepoint item
Flow B: failed at update sharepoint item
Flow C: Failed out the gate at the create item in sharepoint step
For all three Flows any requests that have come in since the failures are either running or have been successfully completed. I have not tried resubmitting any of the failed runs to see if they would now work
So, you are saying it all works now? I actually would not attribute it to the password change if the issue is intermittent. If it works sometimes, and not others, that says authentication is good. I dont know how it would go bad, then fix itself again later. These symptoms to me appear to be more core system issues, not issues with your flow. Thats just my opinion.
Are the failed actions always the same? Are they only Sharepoint actions?
Also, what region are you located?
Here is another thing to check. I noticed in your example, you have a SP Create action earlier in the flow. Pick on the "..." and check the connector authenticator. Check to see if it is the same on the Update Item action. I have an issue with having multiple connectors for SP as well. I'm not sure how that happens, but I might see that things could get weird if you are using two different connectors in a single flow. I just have this feeling that it is possible that intermittent issues could result. Here is my example of this. Just be sure all of your SP are referencing the same selection.
Yes, they all appear to be working now, no issues since the 16th. On Monday morning I'll resubmit some of the failed Flows and will mention here how it goes. If this is just a weird one off due to some deep system bug, I can live with that. At least I can tell the users what is going on and what we can all keep an eye out for.
So far when the Flow has failed it's been on a share point action, either on the initial create item or update item action.
I'm located in the UK.
Edit: didn't scroll far enough before replying. Have checked the 'My connections' now and they are all selecting the same option. The account holding these flows is a bit of a Frankenstein and according to my IT is an extra special shared mailbox, maybe that has something to do with it?
Thanks and have a good weekend!
Generally, if it is a system bug, you will find others posting the same within a few hours. I do not see any other reporting this at this time, so its probably not that. You can also check system status of both powerapps and flow with these links. I have written a routine to show this inside of a powerapp if you are interested. It is posted in the powerapp forum.
I updated the support thing again. Prettied it up a bit, and added Flow support to it as well.
Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!
Continue your learning in our online communities.
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!
Learn how to build the business apps that you need
Find out where you can attend!
Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!