cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google <> Outlook (Office 365) Sync Template Broken?

Hi, I am using the following two templates to sync Google and Office 365 calendars:

Outlook 365 to Google: https://emea.flow.microsoft.com/de-de/galleries/public/templates/221012a4a405471ca382534402d7087a/te...

Google to Office 365: https://emea.flow.microsoft.com/de-de/galleries/public/templates/d8d4c6c9ba8b443eb29de93b0ae6253d/te...

But after inserting them and starting to add / change events in the source calenders, the destination calendar remained unchanged. I got no errors whatsoever and lots of green check marks when checking the runs. Only thing I find curious is the message that is returned sometimes after a flow: something about an array being empty.

Can you guys tell me what is wrong with these templates? I only changed them to the extent of adding the two calendars in question - nothing else. All help is greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Google <> Outlook (Office 365) Sync Template Broken?

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you create your flows using the "Create new events on Google calendar from Office 365" built-in template and the "Google calendar to Office 365 calendar" built-in template?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:

Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar:10.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:11.JPG

12.JPG

Google Calendar to Outlook Calendar:13.JPG

The flow works successfully as below;14.JPG

Please check if you have specified proper Calendar Id within your flows. In addition, please re-create your flows based on the following built-in templates and check if the issue is solved:

https://asia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/10c5a140c24811e6b5549975d228694f/create-new-events-on-google-calendar-from-office-365/

https://asia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/50229a20493811e6bf53611364194d1a/google-calendar-to-office-365-calendar/

You could also take a try to create your flows from scratch based on the above two built-in templates. More details about creating a flow from scratch, please check the following article:

Create a flow from scratch

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Google <> Outlook (Office 365) Sync Template Broken?

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the reply. I used different templates because I want a genuine sync, not just a copy of the events created. Support helped me out and things are working now. Except for two things - but maybe you can help me with them:

1. How can make sure the entries of calender A are created without details (title, description, participants) in calendar B?
  2. One of my Google calendars is under the section "other calenders" and only shares availabilities. Unfortunately I cannot sync it with my Office 365 calendar and I'm not sure why.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 62 members 4,704 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: