cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ozcar
Level: Powered On

HTTP get download file

Hi

I have a service that provides an API where I can download files with at HTTP GET command and basic auth. It works fine when Im testing the API with Postman but I cant find out how to download that file with Flow and for example put it in my onedrive. Anybody that could help me out a bit?

Regards,

Ozcar Ardfors

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff Rank ashwinsa
PowerApps Staff

Re: HTTP get download file

If the file is a binary and you are looking for a way to simply transfer files between the HTTP endpoint and any storage service, you can add a HTTP to download the file and save the content using the "Create File". Here is an example of a flowHTTPSave.PNG

All Replies
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Hi @Ozcar,

Please check the following blog:

Five new services and improved advnaced capabilities for JSON and HTTP

In your scenario, I think HTTP action and the Parse JSON should be suitable to work.

Regards,

Michael

Ozcar

Hi

Thank you for showing me that! It was super cool to parse JSON respones. But unfortunally I dont know how to write a schema that will take care of a binary gzip file. Any idea?

Regards,

Ozcar Ardfors

PowerApps Staff Rank ashwinsa
PowerApps Staff

If the file is a binary and you are looking for a way to simply transfer files between the HTTP endpoint and any storage service, you can add a HTTP to download the file and save the content using the "Create File". Here is an example of a flowHTTPSave.PNG

Ozcar

Yes it works! Sometimes the solution is so so easy. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ozcar Ardfors

Alerodri

Hello Ozcar

kann you post screenshots of the solution you used?

Does your link links direct to the file or is a Callback or Server Response?

It seems that with JSON can be done but I also don´t know how to do it exactly.

I would strongly apreciate your help!

Cheers

Alex

Ozcar

Hi

Its very simple. Works exactly as described above. Do an HTTP GET and create the file with the body response. Not sure what is unclear with the solution.

Alerodri

Thank you for your feedback Ozcar. The problem with this settings is that the URL is a redireccion, and I get a 302 error. These are the details.

Do you have any ideas to manage this URLs?

Thanks in advance.

Ozcar

No it seems to be a problem with response from the service you are trying to use. I dont have a direct solution for you but I recommend to use Postman first before attempting to get it to work in Flow.

https://www.getpostman.com/

Alerodri

Hello Ozcar, 

It just workt parsing the JSON. Thank you very much anyway.  This is how I did it. 

Screenshot_5.png

>