cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manjotsingh057
Level: Powered On

HTTP request trigger - MS Flow

I am using Microsoft flow HTTP request tigger and i am calling it from SharePoint.

HTTP request Query.png

1. What is the use of "relativePath" parameter ?
  2. What authentication is used to validate HTTP Request trigger ?
  3. How we can make it more secure since sharing the URL directly can be pretty bad ?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HTTP request trigger - MS Flow

Hi @manjotsingh057,

For you first question, if you want to accept parameters through your HTTP endpoint URL, you could customize your trigger's relative path. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

More details about accepting parameters through your HTTP endpoint URL, please check the following article:

Accept parameters through your HTTP endpoint URL

For your second question, the HTTP Request trigger use a Shared Access Signature (SAS) key in the query parameters that are used for authentication. More details about the Shared Access Signature (SAS) key authentication, please check the following article:

What about URL security

For your third question, if you want to make your URL more secure, you could consider make more advanced configuration through API Management. More details about configuring HTTP endpoints further, please check the following article:

Configure HTTP endpoints further

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
larmccoy
Level: Powered On

Re: HTTP request trigger - MS Flow

Kris,

I appreciate the additional links you provided regarding advanced security on Flows. I recognize that Flows are implemented using Azure Logic Apps behind the scenes, and that the links you provided related to Logic Apps.  However, I am unclear how the configuration for Logic Apps security can be used to secure the endpoint for a Flow.  The documentation requires the ability to select a Logic App that you want to configure. However, the Flow is not visible in Azure API Management, so I don't understand how the links you provided can be used to provide further security for the Flow.  Do you have any additional information or insight that you could provide?

Thanks!

Larry

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 92 members 3,948 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: