cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMaver
Level: Powered On

Help with Mail Send Permissions

Hi All,

Hope someone can assist here, I have created a PowerApp that collects feedback, and on submission sends the feedback via email.

Now the trick here is that I need it to send from a generic account as the feedback can be anonymous, and this is where I have hit a road block.

I was under the impresion that Flow would send emails from the address of the creator, which would be fine, I set up a mailbox just for this purpous, however trying various configurations and send options, I can only get the mail to send with the user who submitted the form's email address, or they recieve an error about permissions.

Have I just misunderstood how this works? Or is there indeed a way for anything submitted to be sent from/by the account with owns the flow regardless of the user who triggers it?

Thanks,

M

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help with Mail Send Permissions

Hi @MMaver,

How is the flow created? Could you share a screenshot of the flow?

I assume that the flow is added to a PowerApps button, and the app is shared with your group members.

Please check the doc on Share resources used in your app. If you share an app that includes a flow, users who run the app will be prompted to confirm or update any connections on which the flow relies, which means that the first time shared users open the app on their side, once they confirmed the connections with their own account info, flow will send out the email based on their account but not the flow creator.

If you would like to send out the email from the flow creator’s account, please try to submit the data from PowerApps to certain database first, such as SharePoint, then use the SharePoint trigger When an item is created, thus, the flow will send out the email from the flow creator but not the user who submitted the form.

Please take a try with it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MMaver

Hi Mabel,

Thanks for confirming, I had set it up to write to an SQL table as a test after posting, just need to figure out how to get the mail to trigger on addition of a row now Smiley Happy

Many thanks.

M

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MMaver,

Are you now working with connector SQL Server?

Do you want to send out an email when a record is created in SQL table?

Please check the following blog on triggers in the SQL connector. From the blog we know that SQL triggers don’t work for on-premises SQL Server:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-triggers-in-the-sql-connector/

If you are working with on-premises SQL Server, I am afraid that trigger the flow to send an email when a record is created in a table.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
MMaver

Hi Mabel, Thanks, I did find out the hard way that it wont work with On-Prem SQL, so I will take a look into using SharePoint online instead, as it looks like it should do what I need Smiley Happy Many thanks. M

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 83 members 4,436 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: