cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winicius
Level: Powered On

How to create an automated way of collaboration with PDF, Excel, Word and PowerPoint?

Hello guys!!

I currently have an issue to solve and I'm not having ideas to make it easier.

A department in the company receives several files from several customers of different file types (PDF, Excel, Word and PowerPoint). These files is in the customer standard, so it's very different from each customer. Our company needs to fill some information that cames from different departments (mfg, sourcing, legal, ....) and one person needs to requests by e-mail to each of these departments, so them can answer some information that needs to be in the customer file.

The point is: as sometimes we receives PDF files, I didn't see any easy way of uploading these files into SP site and make several people fill data into the same file.

I created a document page in SP, then I uploaded customer files there, and I created a flow to send e-mails to each of the departments. But when the first department will fill information into the PDF file, they need to download it and then upload again, so the flow doesn't work anymore to the other departments.

Information of each of these departments needs to be in the same file.

I appreaciate a lot if you can help me solve this!

Thanks in advance,

Winicius.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to create an automated way of collaboration with PDF, Excel, Word and PowerPoint?

Hi @winicius ,

I think the only thing that can be handled here is Excel table. You could consider creating problems with MS forms and sending form link to other users.

When they answered the question, update the response to the Excel table.

Other files like PDF/PowerPoint seem to have no good way to automate through Flow.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 75 members 3,298 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: