cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BhaskarPal
Level: Powered On

How to parse the incoming email subject (having multiple phrases) where each phrase needs to be inserted into different fields on sharepoint list

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: How to parse the incoming email subject (having multiple phrases) where each phrase needs to be inserted into different fields on sharepoint list

Hi @BhaskarPal 

If I am understanding correctly, are you saying that you want to update fields in a SharePoint list. Diferent fields get updated depending on the "phrase" in the message title?

"Email 1 Subject/Title" - Update Field 1

"Email 2 Subject/Title" - Update Field 2

"Email 3 Subject/Title" - Update Field 3

... and so on ...

If so, a good starting point for you may be to look at this blog - https://www.alanps1.io/power-platform/flow-try-catch-on-user-list-till-you-get-a-match/

Using the Try, Catch, Finally approach with the "Scope" connector will mean each Try (Scope) can check with a condition, if that fails, it will move on and check the next one and so on.

Here is what you would start out with: (You may want "Get Item" or "Get Items" to suit)Capture-198.png

Here would be your first TryCapture-199.png

Each Try that comes after would target a diferent subject/title until you've covered them all.

Worth a go?

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

If this post has solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution".

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

BhaskarPal
Level: Powered On

Re: How to parse the incoming email subject (having multiple phrases) where each phrase needs to be inserted into different fields on sharepoint list

Hi @AlanPs1,

Thanks for this but this won't suit for my requirement as the no. of combinations would be too many to match for each.

Instead if there's a way to parse the subject line using one or more delimiters, store each section identified as variable to be interested onto respective SP list, it'd be great.

Perhaps I am not able to find the right article as I am pretty sure this functionality would be available.

Regards

Bhaskar
>