cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft Employee

Re: How to use Insert Trigger on Azure SQL Database with 'Azure SQL' insert row ?

You can certainly simulate this using the Native query feature - this will execute a simple INSERT (nicely parameterized) which will not return the item, but will also avoid the problem of a SQL-side trigger.

As of now, you cannot use the InsertItem call, but this will do what we intend InsertItem to do in the future. 

Let me know if I can help further.

Thanks,

-Cameron

rgparisoto
Level: Powered On

Re: How to use Insert Trigger on Azure SQL Database with 'Azure SQL' insert row ?

Do you have any example @Cameron? Can I find something?

Microsoft Employee

Certainly. If you Select the SQL Connector and the "Execute a SQL Query" operation, you can then enter the query and the formal parameters:

query: INSERT INTO [dbo].[PNQ_NewCustomer]([name])VALUES(@name)

formal parameters: { "name": "nvarchar(128)" }

This is obviously a very simple example, but you can extrapolate from here.

Thanks,

-Cameron

rgparisoto

Hi @Cameron!

I found an option do use Stored Procedures.

I made it work with an exception, I can't connect another tables, like when I want to make some logical with.

Do you know someone who used it with Power Apps? 

It will help me a lot to work with the company's inventory.

Thank you.

Regards.

Robson.

rgparisoto

Hi @Cameron!

Having good news here...

Do you know how to declare variables?

I'm trying this and it's not working:

DECLARE

[@Data] DATE,

SELECT
[@Data] = (SELECT TOP 1 [DataCompra]

FROM [dbo].[Ele_Compras]

WHERE [Id_Compra] = @{triggerBody()?['Id_Compra']} )

Is it the sabe like SQL Server?

Regards,

Robson.

Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

@Robson If you are asking about SQL Syntax (I hope I am understanding your question properly...) - it would be like this:

formal parameters: { "id_compra": "date"}

actual parameters: id_compra: @{triggerBody()?['....']}

query: SELECT TOP(1)[DataCompra] FROM [dbo].[Ele_Compras] WHERE [Id_Compra]=@id_compra

Now you have a parameterized SELECT statement that can pass in the id from the previous step.

>