cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsb81
Level: Powered On

Initialise Variable in Flow - Adobe Sign

Hi All,

I have been following this flow video below and like to know how to Initialise a variable signed which is not explained in the video. What will be the values for the items highlighted in yellow?

Here is the link to the flow, sharepoint and adobe sign video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5kCVv5HqOQ

@sergeluca 

flow_adobe.PNG

Thanks 

Jag

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Initialise Variable in Flow - Adobe Sign

Hello,

here is how I implemented it. It was a long time ago : -)

signed.PNG

Kind regards

Serge Luca aka Doctor Flow

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Super User
Super User

Hey @jsb81 

Can you please share more details of what is it that you are trying to do. Please refer to the screenshot below:adobs.png

In the screenshot I am trying to check the status of the agreement and creating any sequential steps if it is "Signed". 

In your scenario, I am assuming that you are putting the status of the agreement in variable and trying to run until it is SIGNED and running that in a defined interval. If that is the case, refer to the screenshot below:adsb.png

The set variable will be the Status from the dynamic selector and in the delay until I have put the expression:

addHours(utcNow(), 1)

This will delay the flow for an hour and you can customise as per you requirement. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

jasb81

Hi,

I'm trying to download the signed contracts into a SharePoint document library once the applicant has SIGNED the document.

signed documents.PNG

adobeSign1.png

In the below section I only want to download signed documents in the Employee Contract agreements

adobeSign2.png

@sergeluca 

Thanks

Jag

Super User
Super User

@jasb81 @jsb81 

Instead of following the lengthy process for that, please refer to the flow below:assd.png

This flow will be triggered when the state of the agreement changes and if it is Signed, it will create a new file in Sharepoint library of your choice. 

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

jasb81

Hi Yash,

I followed your steps and the flow stops at the conditions and skips the file creation process in SharePoint.

adobeSign_Skip.PNG

Below is how the flow is setup. Not sure what I'm missing Smiley Sad

adobeSign_Contract.PNG

Thanks

Jag

Super User
Super User

Hey @jasb81 , 

You are trying to use two triggers in 1 flow and this will not work this way. What you can do is create two flows. 

1. Use Trigger :"When an item is created in sharepoint" and the action is to create the agreement and send for signature. 

2. this is the second flow and triggered when the state of an agreement changes and if it is signed, it creates a new file in sharepoint. 

Hope this Helps!

jasb81

But @sergeluca  has been able to achive this in one flow as show in his video. I'm not sure how the Do until step has been configured which not shown in the video.

If you watch this video, I'm trying to achieve the same till store signed contract in SharePoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5kCVv5HqOQ

Thanks

Jag

Super User
Super User

Hi @jasb81 

So the do until loop in the video, keeps checking the Status of the agreement in every defined interval that is defined in the delay action (you can refer to the flow that you shared earlier requesting what values go where and my flow where I showed you those values) 

In that flow it will keep fetching the agreement after the delay until the status is SIGNED. In my suggestion I am asking you to use two flows to do that so that one flow does not wait for a couple of hours to get the Signed Status. 

But if you still insist on using just one flow and the template that you shared earlier, you can configure the delay until and add the 1 hour time stamp to that so that flow keeps checking every hour if the status was changed (In the one that I suggested, the flow wil not wait for half time if the document was signed within the hour)

Hope this helps!

jasb81

oh ok. Isn't it possible to delay the 2nd trigger untill the document is signed by  participant1. 

I'm planning to help HR & other teams automate several contracts using flow and each contract type will have its own SharePoint Folder.  Do I have to setup two flows for every contract as that will be a lot of flows to maintain?

Thanks

Jag

Super User
Super User

@jasb81 

I thought you were referring to just one documnet. However I have modified the first flow and this one should be able to do the job for you:

sysy.png

This will check the document status everyhour until it is signed and will time out after one day. You can make modifications to the delay as per your requirements. 

Another way of doing this could be, creating the second flow that is triggered when the status of the documnet changes and then you add an action of get item from sharepoint and match the ID and then use it dynamically for multiple departments. Totally up to you. 

Hope this Helps!

Super User
Super User

Hello,

here is how I implemented it. It was a long time ago : -)

signed.PNG

Kind regards

Serge Luca aka Doctor Flow

View solution in original post

jsb81

Hi Serge,

What are the settings under Wait for Signing action please?

Thanks

Jag

Super User
Super User

10 seconds for the demo. But it should be bigger because we can oly have 5000 iterations in a loop. I would say 15 minutes in production

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 146 members 3,083 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: