cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jinny_le
Level: Powered On

Is it doable using Flow? Filter in Excel and email Sub-set of data to list of audience

Hi everyone, 

I'm very new to Microsoft Flow and still learning while trying to reapply this to my work. Let say, I have the following task, could you advise if i can do it end-to-end using FLOW or some parts of it? 

1. I have a Flat file that consist of population data of different cities across different countries. 

2. I have another file consists of list of recipients and their email address to which I need to email the data to.

3. TASK: However, each receipent only handle some cities and some countries. Hence, i need to make Filter in the Flat file for each recipient and send that sub-set of data to him/her. 

Could you advise me if this could be done end-to-end using FLOW? I know the email part is possible. But not sure about the Filter query. Thanks so much! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Is it doable using Flow? Filter in Excel and email Sub-set of data to list of audience

Hi @jinny_le,

You could use the List rows present in a table action with the Filter Query column name eq 'value you want'.

Annotation 2019-08-29 155638.png

Then you can use Get item action to get the corresponding Email address according to the previous Email value.

Annotation 2019-08-29 155651.png

Or you can also use the Filter action to filter array:Annotation 2019-08-29 160130.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Is it doable using Flow? Filter in Excel and email Sub-set of data to list of audience

Hi @jinny_le,

You could use the List rows present in a table action with the Filter Query column name eq 'value you want'.

Annotation 2019-08-29 155638.png

Then you can use Get item action to get the corresponding Email address according to the previous Email value.

Annotation 2019-08-29 155651.png

Or you can also use the Filter action to filter array:Annotation 2019-08-29 160130.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jinny_le
Level: Powered On

Hi Lin Tu, 

Thank you so much for responding. This is very helpful! 

May i have one more question! Is there a way i can look up countries and cities etc from the Emailaddress file? In that file it indicate for each person, what are the countries, cities that he/she handle. So I need multiple filter for each person. 

For now you use "America" which is a single filter, so i wonder if i can do multiple filters and via lookup from the Emailaddress file. Thanks a ton! 

Regards,

Jinny

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jinny_le,

If you have multiple filters to look up, I advice you can use the condition action directly.

For Example:

I get the values from Excel file, then I create a Condition action to put the output into it. Then create two or more filters to find the target row.

Annotation 2019-08-29 165812.png

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 291 members 3,586 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: