cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmoorjmalani
Level: Powered On

Message Id is not unique

Hello,

One of my flow is using "When a new email arrives in shared mailbox" trigger, and storing the emails and attachments on SharePoint site, i am using the Message Id as a name for email file, but to my shock and surprise the message id is not unique between emails. Am I wrong to think that Message Ids are unique?

Two of the emails that i have got have this message Id, they are from different users and  sent at different time. This is not just one off occurrence, this has happened 4 to 5 times with different emails.

AAMkAGMwMGQ3NzYxLTgyOGMtNGJhMy04OGI1LTQ3MTllZDFiM2ZlZABGAAAAAADpyEAF9roURZCGx4oE6kWlBwCAK6U0dewgQ68hYcMmrWfQAAAAAAEMAACAK6U0dewgQ68hYcMmrWfQAABTo64NAAA=

messageidsame1.PNGmessageidsame2.PNG

claim.PNG

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
dmoorjmalani

Re: Message Id is not unique

I had a ticket open with MS for this, and turns out the message ids indeed are unique. They are base64 encoded entities and are case sensitive, so they can't be used to name the files.

AAMkAGMwMGQ3NzYxLTgyOGMtNGJhMy04OGI1LTQ3MTllZDFiM2ZlZABGAAAAAADpyEAF9roURZCGx4oE6kWlBwCAK6U0dewgQ68hYcMmrWfQAAAAAAEMAACAK6U0dewgQ68hYcMmrWfQAABTo64NAAA=

AAMkAGMwMGQ3NzYxLTgyOGMtNGJhMy04OGI1LTQ3MTllZDFiM2ZlZABGAAAAAADpyEAF9roURZCGx4oE6kWlBwCAK6U0dewgQ68hYcMmrWfQAAAAAAEMAACAK6U0dewgQ68hYcMmrWfQAABTo64nAAA=

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dmoorjmalani ,

I have made some tests, however, the issue could not be reproduced.

Message Id is unique identifier of the message, so it will always be different.

I will do more research on this issue later.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dmoorjmalani

@v-yamao-msft  do you need more details from me?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dmoorjmalani ,

This issue still could not be reproduced by me.

Could you share the run details of the flow runs when they return the same Message Id though they from different users and sent at different time?

If possible, please share a URL to the flow for further investigation.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dmoorjmalani

@v-yamao-msft ,Can you provide me an email address where i can send these details?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dmoorjmalani ,

You could share us with the details by hiding any of your personal info on forum.

Best regards,

Mabel

Highlighted
dmoorjmalani

I had a ticket open with MS for this, and turns out the message ids indeed are unique. They are base64 encoded entities and are case sensitive, so they can't be used to name the files.

AAMkAGMwMGQ3NzYxLTgyOGMtNGJhMy04OGI1LTQ3MTllZDFiM2ZlZABGAAAAAADpyEAF9roURZCGx4oE6kWlBwCAK6U0dewgQ68hYcMmrWfQAAAAAAEMAACAK6U0dewgQ68hYcMmrWfQAABTo64nAAA=

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 68 members 3,488 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: