cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yama_Vin
Level: Powered On

Multi level approval/Reject Flow

Hello Everyone, 

I hvae a requirment to build the Approval/Reject mutli level work flow for my app I created in the PowerApps. Below is my requirment. 

Capture.PNGI

PowerApp is built on a sharepoint list.  Each time when approve or reject occur an email notification has to go out and if rejected,  user should be able to click on the link and open the record and edit and submitt back. 

Can anyone plesae give an idea how to do this using MS flow?  Any input will be helpfull.  Please let me know if you need more details. 

Thanks

Apaco

3 REPLIES 3
Dev_Nikhil
Level 8

Re: Multi level approval/Reject Flow

hi @Yama_Vin,

Yes, you can make it into the Microsoft flow, you just have to trigger your flow from the PowerApps or from the List where you stores the data.

1 From the SharePoint list

I think this approach would be usefull to you.

You have to use Trigger When Item is created then further you just have to add action Start and wait for an Approval after that there is Condition which checks weather is Approved or Rejected.

after that you just have to put the Notification Action of Send an Email. in both Approval and Rejection case with your Customized Text based on Approval or Rejection.

Also i am attaching an Image for your reference to get started.

Approval.png

Hope it will help you to achieve your end goal.

if it works for you please accept this as a solution so other community members will also get benefit of this thread.

Thanks,

Dev_Nikhil

v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @Yama_Vin,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration, please?

According to your requirement description of Flow, I created a Flow configured, before you create this flow need to create a 'Approve' column in your SharePoint list as type 'Yes/No'.

You can create the flow like this screenshot:

Step1: When an item is created, judge it whether Approved, if Yes, do nothing, if No, delete it and start approve 1 assign to the first approver.

Annotation 2019-05-08 172929.png

Step2: Judge approve 1 quest whether approve, if yes, start approve 2 assign to the second approver. If not, send an email to item creator.

Annotation 2019-05-08 173258.png

Step3: Judge approve 2 quest whether approve, if yes, create a new item append information as triggers', and set column 'Approve' as Yes. If not, send an email to item creator and approver 1.

Annotation 2019-05-08 173719.png

If you still have other problem, please show us screenshots so we can help you find the source of the problem.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @Yama_Vin,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration, please?

According to your requirement description of Flow, I created a Flow configured, before you create this flow need to create a 'Approve' column in your SharePoint list as type 'Yes/No'.

You can create the flow like this screenshot:

Step1: When an item is created, judge it whether Approved, if Yes, do nothing, if No, delete it and start approve 1 assign to the first approver.

Annotation 2019-05-08 172929.png

Step2: Judge approve 1 quest whether approve, if yes, start approve 2 assign to the second approver. If not, send an email to item creator.

Annotation 2019-05-08 173258.png

Step3: Judge approve 2 quest whether approve, if yes, create a new item append information as triggers', and set column 'Approve' as Yes. If not, send an email to item creator and approver 1.

Annotation 2019-05-08 173719.png

If you still have other problem, please show us screenshots so we can help you find the source of the problem.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 236 members 5,271 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: