cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD2301
Level: Powered On

Multiple Approvers, Please Help!!

Hi guys,

I've got a query about having multiple approvers set up for my document to flow through too.

I've built a timesheet document in Excel titled 'Timesheet Requests'. If the 'Send for Approval' column has 'Yes' entered, an email notification sends out to an approver to approve or reject the request.  Once approved, the row deletes from the 'Timesheet Requests' document and moves into my 'Timesheet Approvals' document, using the add a row to a table and delete a row actions. 

My issue is, I need the approvals to go to different people based on the values entered in the 'Total Amount' column.

£0 - £250, it needs to go to just 1 approver (Supervisor)
£250-£500 = 2 approvers (Supervisor first, if they approve then it needs to go to the Manager to also approve)
£500+ = 3 approvers (Supervisor, if approved then to Manager, if approved then onto the CEO to also approve)
I have this all set up in my Excel sheet so if the value is £600 for example, there are 3 email addresses linked to this who all need to approve. I'm trying to get the email notifications to flow in the correct order and only move onto the next approver once the previous one has approved.

Currently, the emails are sending out to the 3 approvers at the same time which is where the issue is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Multiple Approvers, Please Help!!

Hi @JD2301 ,

It seems there are multiple Approvers in you flow, and you want to manage sequential approvals with Microsoft Flow.

I am afraid you need to separate the Approvers in different Approval actions.

For example, there are 3 Approvers, so you need three Approval actions in the follow for each person.

Here is a docs about 'Manage sequential approvals with Microsoft Flow',you can take a reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/sequential-modern-approvals

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
JD2301

Hi @v-zhos-msft 

Thanks for the reply, I got this figured out now.
Is there a way to send the whole table in my excel sheet for approval at once rather than individually line by line? I don't really want 50 approvals to go out to the approver for 1 document, if I could get the whole sheet send out in my approval message that would be perfect. Or even be able to atatch the document to the approval notification?

Thanks.

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @JD2301 ,

I have made a flow for your scenario, please check it for a reference.

Sending the whole table in the Approval.

Capture8.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JD2301

Hi @v-zhos-msft 

Thanks for the reply. I've just tried this out and got it to work, however there are still a few things that I need to change so hoping you can provide me with some more knowledge.

So now all the submissions are listed in the details section of the 'start and wait for an approval' email notification, as shown below with test man 1 and test man 2.

flow8.png

However when I press approve (or reject), this action only does something for the first line in the spreadsheet (Test man 1). I then get another email notification asking to approve or reject again, with the exact same info on it but this will be for the second line in the spreadsheet (test man 2). 

Is there a way that only 1 approval can be used for multiple lines on the spreadsheet? Which is the reason I wanted to get all the submissions in the one approval rather than sending out a seperate email each time? 

My flow now looks like this:
flow9.png
The Add a row into a table action adds the info from the 'Requests' document into my 'Approved' document once it has been approved. The delete a row deleted the entry from the 'Requests' sheet as it is no longer needed there once it has been approved. Can this happen for multiple rows at a time rather than just individual lines?

Thanks fo your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 383 members 4,498 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: