Level: Powered On

On new SharePoint items create Planner task and assign to creator

I am trying to use standard Flow- available i.e. "On new SharePoint items, create Planner task and assign to creator".

But I am getting error at the third stage. I'm not able to figure out reason for same. I'm attaching few screen shots and please let me know, if you need anymore info.

Thanks & regards

SagarError Report_Flow.PNGError Report_Flow1.PNGFlow Design 1.PNG

Community Support Team

Re: On new SharePoint items create Planner task and assign to creator

Hi nsagar,

Thanks for providing the detailed screenshots.

To test this issue, I create a flow with the same configuration. Then when I run the flow, I also get the same error message “Bad Request” in the action “Planner – Create a task”.

The error says that complex values must only contain property annotations for existing properties.

3.PNG

It seems that property annotation used to indicate that the property value should be used as the Type Id for item, instead of using name or external type name. So I remove the dynamic content “Assigned To Email” from the Assigned user Id. Then the flow works as expected.

4.PNG

5.PNG

I would suggest you also remove the dynamic content “Assigned To Email” from the Assigned user Id field and try if it will work for you.

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Hi Mabel

Thanks for your response. I removed dynamic content from 'Assigned User ID' and able to run it. However, I want to assign this particular task to a particular User. Although a task is created in Planner now, but it is not assigned to anyone! So my purpose is not completely fulflled.

Can you please suggest, how can assign the task dynamically from the sharepoint list.

Thanks for your support..

best regards

Sagar

[ Edited ]

I again modified it little bit. Now again it failed, but I observed it has picked the User Name correctly (Refer Screen Shot -'Flow Design 3'). But its showing some abrupt values in 'Plan id' and 'Bucket id' (Refer - 'Error Report_Flow2').

My design is as shown in 'Flow Design 2'

The Errors I found are as follows :

{ "Transfer-Encoding": "chunked", "request-id": "76b9411a-fd1b-4fe8-b879-714d64bb8f77", "client-request-id": "76b9411a-fd1b-4fe8-b879-714d64bb8f77", "x-ms-ags-diagnostic": "{\"ServerInfo\":{\"DataCenter\":\"South India\",\"Slice\":\"SliceA\",\"ScaleUnit\":\"002\",\"Host\":\"AGSFE_IN_1\",\"ADSiteName\":\"MAA\"}}", "Duration": "188.1122", "Timing-Allow-Origin": "*", "Cache-Control": "private", "Date": "Thu, 18 May 2017 06:45:06 GMT", "Server": "Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0", "Content-Type": "application/json", "Content-Length": "268" }

And

{ "error": { "code": "", "message": "Schema error for field Assignments in entity Task: Field failed schema validation.", "innerError": { "request-id": "76b9411a-fd1b-4fe8-b879-714d64bb8f77", "date": "2017-05-18T06:45:07" } } }

Thanks

Flow Design 3Flow Design 3Error Report_Flow2Error Report_Flow2Flow Design 2Flow Design 2

Dear All

I'm wondering, is this impossible to accomplish?

Please suggesst some wayout.

thanks & regards

Level: Power Up

[ Edited ]

Not quite sure it does work, because the DLP´s in my company are preventing me to use the flow that way... but for what I can see you need to use de dynamic field of User ID, you get it from the "get user profile" step you added on the test #3; 

Please let me know it that actually helped, I want to do something similar and need proof that it works to get it to my IT guys. 

best of luck!

Level: Power Up

You are correct - the required Dynamic content for the assignee for the new Planner task is the "User ID" value from the profile lookup action.  I just got this working in our site.

Note: I did have to switch the Assigned To field in our Task list from multiple to single values.  When multiple assignees were allowed on the SharePoint Task list, the Planner Create Task action failed because it expects a single ID, not the multiple-profile output from a multi-assign list.  This failure occurs even if there is only one person assigned to the task in SharePoint.  It must be single-assignment only in the task list field setting.