cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

People Picker Field Not Showing in Flow

Hello everyone,

I've been playing around with a Flow button to create a new task in a SharePoint Task list, and this list was created using the OOTB Task list template. On the Create item step, I can see all the fields except for the Assigned To field. I recently posted a question on the Flow AMA and was told that write support was added for People fields, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Has anyone experienced this issue with People Picker fields in Flow?

Thanks in advanced.

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

7 REPLIES 7
Flow Staff melim
Flow Staff

Re: People Picker Field Not Showing in Flow

We wrapped up our deployment this morning around 11:30AM Pacific time. I created a Sharepoint list with a column as a 'Person' type.  I created a flow similar to what you described and I can see the my 'Person' field in "Create item."

@merwan, the interesting this is that I don't see a people picker for my 'Person' field, I see a drop down instead of the people picker. Is this because the Sharepoint 'Person' type includes groups?

Super User
Super User

Hi @melim,

I still don't see the People field in my Flow. You can see a screenshot of my Create item step.

flow-step.jpg

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Flow Staff melim
Flow Staff

I'll ask the team who owns the Sharepoint connector and I hope to get an answer soon. In the AMA, Merwan mentioned that this feature was coming very soon; it's possible there's an ongoing deployment with this feature. Apologies for the inconvenience.

ivan_wilson
Level: Powered On

I think the issue here is that by defaut, this field allows multiple people to be selected. Flow seems to have problems with multi-choice fields. Change it to allow only a single user or group and you should see it in the UI.

Super User
Super User

Hi @ivan_wilson,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately that's not the case since the People Picker field is already set up to not allow multiple users in it. I know that's in the work based on the previous comment from @melim, but I haven't heard back from the staff.

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Flow Staff melim
Flow Staff

@faustocapellanjare you still having issues with the people picker in the Sharepoint connector?

Super User
Super User

Hi @melim,

The subject was brought up by another user and I had to double-check my flow to make sure it's still the case. For that test, I used an out of the box Task list, but I will create a custom one with the same columns and test it to see if it the People Picker field shows up in flow.

Thanks,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 177 members 3,483 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: