cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaffacakeking
Level: Power Up

Reference Bucket ID in planner Task

Hi,

I have a flow that creates several Task's which i want to assign to a defined bucket. I can do this using the dropdown list but i want to define the bucket ID once and using this variable as a custom value in each subsequent Task. I have tried to initialize and set a variable but this didn't work when i applied this variable as the bucket in each task i create.

I can list the buckets but how do i pull the Bucket ID from the list to use as a variable in each task?

Any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Reference Bucket ID in planner Task

If you check out the documentation for the Planner connector, you will see that there is a List buckets v3 paramenter available that may be of some use. With that said, the granularity you are seeking may be better served via the Microsoft Planner API and it's Get Bucket and Update Bucket endpoints.

For information on how to utilize these API endpoints within Flow, see the Using the HTTP action to make requests with Microsoft Flow and/or Call REST API From Microsoft FLOW blog posts. You may also register a custom API Connector from Flow, or even utilize Azure Functions.

Utilizing the API will allow you to create as many fine-grained variables as you desire.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 58 members 3,494 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: