cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hnumanoglu
Level: Power Up

Send Approval Email Body Formating

Hi,

We want to approve sharepoint items so I created a flow and add records to mail body but it does not recoginse paragraphs and spaces. It is creating a big one paragraph sentence, so it is not user friendly and looks very bad. How can I enter paragraphs and make it tidy a little.If I do not enter these then they can not know, what they are approving...! Please check below, what I set up in flow management and how it looks in mail...

flow.JPG

In mail;

"

Hi! You have an item waiting for a decision. Document Information Property: Agreement Date: 2016-07-22 Document Type: Commercial Issues Counter Party Tenant Legal Name: Lease Information Description of Event: Lease Out Unit:111 Mall Income: SQM: Rental Period From: Rental Period To: Rent Currency: EUR ERV: Base Rent: ACT/Agreed Rent: SC Currency:EUR SC Amount: Marketing Charge: Service Charge: TO Rent % : Payment Frequency: Monthly Additional Guarantee/Month: Notes:

"

Thanks for your assistance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Flow Staff RajRa
Flow Staff

Re: Send Approval Email Body Formating

Actually I was incorrect, you can use html line breaks to introduce breaks like so

foo.PNG

47 REPLIES 47
Flow Staff RajRa
Flow Staff

Hi,

currently we don't support formatting in the body of the approval mail. I've field a bug to track this.

Flow Staff RajRa
Flow Staff

Actually I was incorrect, you can use html line breaks to introduce breaks like so

foo.PNG

Hi Raj,

Is this action meant to be used by business users? then they can not use it because one of my business users(most of those) will never understand what's </br> and they have to go to developer like me to develop email body for them. Please add formatting otherwise business users can never use it for sure. They can write simple hello world emails thats it.

Flow Staff kartikraop
Flow Staff

That's a valid point - most business users would not be familiar with HTML syntax. If Raj has not already filed a bug, I will file one to track this work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any update on this?Is there any way to format the body of a Flow email yet?

Flow Staff RajRa
Flow Staff

Sorry, not yet. The item to do this better is in our backlog. We are hoping to update this in the coming months.

Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

+1 please add formatting to emails

twiggman
Level: Powered On

Please add formatting to the body.  Also, would be nice to format date/time fields as well.

Thank you,

afernando
Level 10

Hi @RajRa,

While it's nice to be able to add a line break, I'd like to know if we can expect support at least for basic HTML customizations such as bold, font color, style and etc in near future? 

Cheers,

Anton

Any updated on this?  </br>'s don't seem to be working still (using azure logic apps)

Flow Staff RajRa
Flow Staff

Its on our list of deliverables, but no timeline yet to support HTML formatting. Can you clarify what you mean by /br's not working yet?

I want to format the body of an email being sent from an Office 365 send email action so that it can be structured with breaks (html </br? between the salutation and the body.. i.e.

Hello Sir,

How are you doing.

Thanks,

Me

I have no way of formatting that, it comes out like:

Hello Sir,

How are you doing.

Thanks,

Me

Microsoft Employee

Hi @WiggityZwiggity

you can doing like this, toggle show advanced field and select html to be true:

htmlemail.png

Thanks

This almost works fo rme, I get huge breaks after some </br>'s

Capture.PNGTest.PNG

Microsoft Employee

Hi @WiggityZwiggity,

I think the extra breaks are introducing by the sharepoint body, I think the simpliest way to fix it is just to not put break after the body, could you try that?

Thanks

Yep that fixed it! Smiley Happy

ahockaday

CAn you add the abilit yot format the email with basic HTML formatting. Having users receive an email with no formatting is not very professional and makes using this product unusable except for very basic functions.

RKushner

The html line breaks just show up as "
" in O365 OWA! But then, when I forward the message, it looks good!
RKushner

Here's what it looks like when the email goes from Flow to OWA on O365. But it looks good when I forward it to Outlook on my desktop and then it looks good again when I reply back to the owa email address.

ApprovalEmail2.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 84 members 4,499 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: