Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Field
Level 8

Send a push notification to recipients

Hi there, 

I was messing around with flow, and i wanted to create something:

I have 2 sharepoint lists, one lists with all the recepients (list1), and another list with some recipients (list2)

I want to create a push notification (Powerapps), that will let the users know thay they have to use the powerapp.

So, what i want here is that the people that are in (list1) are also in (list2), and if they aren't, send a push notification everyday, until they acess the app to do so.

Any ideias?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send a push notification to recipients

Hi @Field,

Could you please show a bit more about your two SharePoint lists (List1 and List 2)?

Do you want to send an PowerApps Notification to these one who are in List1 but not in List2 every day?

Further, which data type is the Recepients column within your two SharePoint lists?

I have created two SharePoint lists on my side and the data structure of it as below:18.JPG

19.JPG

Note: The Recepient1 column and the Recepient2 column are both Person or Group type column in two SharePoint lists, which don't allow multiple values.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a Recurrence trigger, Interval set to 1 and Frequency set to Day.
  • Add a "Variables"-> "Initialize variable" action, Name set to RecepientEmails, Type set to Array and Value set to empty.
  • Add a "Get items" action, specify SIte Address and List Name set to List1.
  • Add a "Apply to each" action, input parameter set to output of the "Get items" action.
  • Within "Apply to each" action, add a "Get items 2" action, specify Site Address and List Name set to List2. Add a "Filter array" action, From set to output of the "Get items 2" action, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@equals(item()?['Recepient2']?['Email'], items('Apply_to_each')?['Recepient1']?['Email'])

Add a Condition, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@empty(body('Filter_array'))

Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add a "Append to array variable" action, Name choose RecepientEmails, Value set to following formula:

items('Apply_to_each')?['Recepient1']?['Email']
  • Under "Apply to each" action, add a "SendPushNotification" action, the Recepients field set to RecepientEmails variable.

Image reference;
20.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:

23.JPG

More details about sending a push notification using Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-notifications

Best regards,

Kris 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Field
Level 8

Hi there,

Thank you for the explanation. The think i want to clear out is i only wanna use the Single text field on sharepoint, where in PowerApps it will automatically put the person email, and work from there. I don't want to use any Person or Groups column, because that's not what i am looking for. Is there anyway to achieve this with Single Line Fields. Can i use this with the "Created By" fuction?

Mr_Mather
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-xida-msft, @kris

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Im trying to acheive something similar whereby I have created a flow that triggers on creation of an account record in D365, that then looks in some office 365 groups, collates the mobile phone number and send a push notification to them if they have the flow app installed on their phone.

The flow is as follows

image.png

However, I am failing on the final Send push notification where I am getting the following error.

{Th
  "error": {
    "code": "ApplicationNotFound",
    "message": "The application 'fd140aaf-4df4-11dd-bd17-0019b9312238' could not be found in the tenant '627fbf79-02bc-44e8-8343-54825928cd63'."
  }
}

I have tried multiple IDs for the application but nothing seems to work.

The question I have is, which specific application ID is the push notification requesting and how do I find the ID?

thanks in advance

Lee

Super User
Super User

@Mr_Mather

Hi Lee @Mr_Mather

The below looks to be working for me and 2 other users when they have they have the PowerApps app installed on the mobile phone. No need for use of mobile number but UPN instead.Capture-040.png

And the steps ...

Capture-041.png

Please be aware the connection to your app will require to be accurate, please see below:

I followed this to do so.

I set up and empty app in powerapps called "First App" and used my Guid (The PowerApps ID from details tab) as below from this linkCapture-045.png

Creating a connection

To connect your account, you will need the following information:

Target application (The URL or ID shown under app details tab)

What I suggest you do, is to add a new connection to an app that exists and try again. I have did just that and broke it, then fixed it and it works again.

Capture-043.png

Capture-044.png

when I did this to an existing app (empty app) with the correct name & GUID it is working.

If you found as helpful please mark as thumbs up.

If this is the solution, please mark as the solution.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

BhaskarPal
Level: Powered On

Hi,

I have a similar flow where I use push notification to a powerapps when a list entry is added.

However in my case the powerapps desktop shows the notification not the mobile.

Is there anything to be done specifically to get the notification on mobiles?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 391 members 2,949 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: