cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ChadJohnston
Level: Powered On

SharePoint Connector two-factor authentication best practices

Can anyone guide me to the current best practices for using the Microsoft Flow SharePoint connector when two-factor authentication is enabled for our SharePoint Online tenant? 

Here is the problem: I have a simple SharePoint document approval flow (using the modern Flow approval) that fails to initiate because we recently enabled two-factor authentication for our SharePoint Online tenant.  

How do I use Microsoft Flow to connect to SharePoint when two-factor authentication is required?

6 REPLIES 6
Flow Staff melim
Flow Staff

Re: SharePoint Connector two-factor authentication best practices

@merwan@masisley How can our customer use the Sharepoint connector when 2FA is enabled on his Sharepoint Online tenant?

ChadJohnston

Thank you @melim for helping find an answer.  @merwan@masisley, or anyone else, Do you know how to use the SharePoint connector when 2FA (two-factor authentication) is enabled on the SharePoint Online tentant?  I would really appreciate any assistance!

Flow Staff merwan
Flow Staff

Adding @KeremY from the SharePoint team to help with this. @ChadJohnston - what error are you seeing when you run the Flow? 

Flow Staff masisley
Flow Staff

Could you try having your tenant administrator make the Flow app with ID 7df0a125-d3be-4c96-aa54-591f83ff541c require 2FA and then logging out and back in? We've seen issues where if you login with single factor auth on the Flow app and then we attempt to get a token to talk to other services that require 2FA, we fail to do so. You'll also probably need to re-create your SharePoint connection and point your flow to the new connection.

Let me know if that works.

Mark

Nsp13
Level: Power Up

As users have said in another post, flow requires frequent re-authentication which is not sustainable for an automation process.

This is the issue the Microsoft needs to fix.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Constant-authentication-issue-with-O365/td-p/...
JamesB-NBCC

We recently turned on two-factor authentication and... you guessed it, none of my FLOWS will authenticate. I have 30+ FLOWs already and I expect more to come as our organization embraces FLOWs within SharePoint.

A solution would be ideal, but has anyone found a workaround other than resetting the connections on each FLOW every 14 days?

The last post to this thread was nearly a year ago @Nsp13 @masisley . Surely a solution must have been found by now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 401 members 4,512 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: