cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jijoy
Level: Powered On

Shared connections

I just wanted to know, if there is a concept of shared connection in Flow, like a shared data source feature available in SSRS. I basically wanted to create few connections and leverage it across the teams, so that any one within the team could make use of those connections in any of the flows they are creating / modifying.

As far as what I understood, connections shared could be used by the team only within that flow. But just want to explore if there an option available or any workaround to achieve the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KevinMcDonnell

Re: Shared connections

I couldn't see that anyone else had created the idea so I have added one around this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-Team-Connections/idi-p/163782

If you are suffering the same MFA related pain, do vote it up!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jijoy,

I think your thought is correct, currently, the Shared connections could only be used by the team within the specific flow. In other words, the Shared connections could only be used within the team flows.

More details about the Team flows, please check the following article:

create a Team flow

If you want to use the Shared connections to create your custom flows, I think there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
anhthuch4ng
Level 8

Hi @Jijoy,

Thank you for posting to the Flow Forum! Our team is dedicated to creating a positive product experience and value your insight on how we can improve our product features.

As @v-xida-msft mentioned, although there currently is no Flow feature to use the Shared connections to create your custom flows, we highly encourage you to submit your feature idea to the Flow Ideas Form!

Once you've submitted your idea to the Flow Ideas Forum, we'd love to follow its voting progress.
Please respond below with the link to your idea in the Flow Ideas Forum and mark it as an "Accepted Solution" so other community members may track its progress and help amplify its value with their votes in the Ideas Forum.

The more other community members view and vote on your idea, it will increase its visibility and prioritization to our Product Development team who moderates the Ideas Forum.

Should your idea become a reality as an improved Flow feature, we will link the solution back to this thread for reference.

Happy Flowing,
-AT (Flow Community Admin)

KevinMcDonnell

I couldn't see that anyone else had created the idea so I have added one around this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-Team-Connections/idi-p/163782

If you are suffering the same MFA related pain, do vote it up!

>