cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rgriffiths
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint list exported to excel

I am trying to understand the steps needed to export a SharePoint list as an Excel file, which ulitmately I want to email as an attachment.

I have managed to do this in OneDrive. This invlolves:

• having the Excel template file already in my personal OneDrive folder,
  • getting the data from the List,
  • adding it to the Excel file
  • and then emailing it.

Great .... but it requires me to have the template already in my OneDrive. I would prefer to work on file that is in a shared documents folder but I can't see how I can Add Rows of data to an Excel File in a SharePoint folder.

Any advice?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint list exported to excel

Hi @rgriffiths,

I want to know why you don't use Export to Excel directly in SharePoint list. The exported Excel file can be sent directly as an attachment.

In addition, if you want to use Excel file in SharePoint, you could use Excel online (Business) - Add a row into a table (Preview).

Location:  Select the SP site where the Excel file is stored, and then find the corresponding file.

47.PNG

Note: The account configured for connection needs to be 0365 account, which is the same account as OneDrive for business.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rgriffiths
Level: Powered On

Re: Sharepoint list exported to excel

I am new to this so perhaps I don't quite understand but I want the Flow to run on a scheduled basis. I do not want a user to have to go into the SharePoint list and export it from there. Furthermore users do not have access to view the list from SharePoint as there is confidential information in there. So I want the flow to only pick the data that is relevant.

>