cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DewiTC
Level: Powered On

Team Flow Embedded connections

What happens to an embedded connection when the creator leaves the organization? It's using the creator's credentials for connection to Outlook and SharePoint. 

Does the embedded connection need to be updated/changed when the person leaves since their login ID will not be active anymore?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Team Flow Embedded connections

Hi @DewiTC,

As long as his account still has the proper permission in those connectors and this account still reachable for flow, the connection will still work. But if either of the below condition fails, the connection will be disabled. So I suggest that you should change the ownership of those connectors just in case.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

DewiTC

Thank you , would you be able to point me to resources that shows me how to do that? I’m the one leaving the company and I need to write documentation on what to do after I leave. 

I saw another post that says you can't edit an embedded connection, I can't seem to find anything information on how to add a new connection for a different user to replace the connection I created.  I'm so new at this, I'm sorry if it's a stupid question.

Update: I found where I can change the connection. Basically in every step of the flow that uses the connection, when I click on the ... for more option, it shows what connection that is being used for that step.  When another owner is logged in and has the same type of connection setup (for example: connection to SharePoint), all they needed to do was to select the connection that uses their credentials in the drop down so that their connection is being used as soon as they update the flow.  Hope this helps others.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DewiTC,

As long as his account still has the proper permission in those connectors and this account still reachable for flow, the connection will still work. But if either of the below condition fails, the connection will be disabled. So I suggest that you should change the ownership of those connectors just in case.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DewiTC

Thank you , would you be able to point me to resources that shows me how to do that? I’m the one leaving the company and I need to write documentation on what to do after I leave. 

I saw another post that says you can't edit an embedded connection, I can't seem to find anything information on how to add a new connection for a different user to replace the connection I created.  I'm so new at this, I'm sorry if it's a stupid question.

Update: I found where I can change the connection. Basically in every step of the flow that uses the connection, when I click on the ... for more option, it shows what connection that is being used for that step.  When another owner is logged in and has the same type of connection setup (for example: connection to SharePoint), all they needed to do was to select the connection that uses their credentials in the drop down so that their connection is being used as soon as they update the flow.  Hope this helps others.

Highlighted
Mupps

Brilliant!  Thanks for posting your update.  This has helped me loads.

ggoodnight

I know this is a really old topic, but I am having a slightly different issue and curious if anyone has experienced this yet.  I used to have my connector connected to my "personal" account, because that is the account which is connected to VSTO.  This was done on flow tasks which were created under my "work" account in 365.  A few days ago this stopped working and now when I try to change the connection it pops a window like it's going to allow me to select, but instead closes and just attaches the account I am currently signed in as.

Any help would be much appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 85 members 3,051 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: