Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mike8
Level 10

Trigger on move file in Sharepoint event

Hello everyone,

I am using the Sharepoint trigger "When a file is created or modified (properties only)".
When I create a file, it triggers.
When I rename a file, it triggers.

The issue is that it does not trigger when I move an existing file from a folder to an other folder under the same Library.
Do you know a way to trigger a Flow on this event?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Trigger on move file in Sharepoint event

Have you tried When a file is created in a folder or When a file is created or modified in a folder?

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-lin-msft
Level 8

Hi @Mike8,

When I tested the trigger, I moved newly uploaded files from one folder to another, it can work. However, the previously created Library or files uploaded a long time ago be used for testing, the trigger will not work.Annotation 2019-05-17 154120.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Mike8
Level 10

Hello,

Thank you both for your replies.
@Brad_Groux : I would like to trigger the flow also for newly created or modified files in the subfolders. I think only the (properties only) trigger provides this functionality.

@v-lin-msft : This gives me hope. So, should I create the a new library? When the library becomes 'old' will it work? Smiley Happy
Do you have any advice? 

What I would like, as I have written on the first post ,is to trigger a flow :
When I create a file, (also for the subfolders) --DONE
When I modify a file, (also for the subfolders) --DONE
When I move an existing file from a folder to an other folder under the same Library. --Still trying to figure this out

Thank you.

Super User
Super User

To move previously created files you can Manually trigger a Flow or you can Run a flow on a schedule, and then you can use either Copy file with an Apply to Each or you can use a Copy folder action - example: ManuallyTriggerAFlow.PNG

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

>