cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgrewe
Level: Powered On

Use Approval Flow with Guest Users

We have created a sharepoint site in order to share files with board members (who are external). In order to give them access, we have created Guest User accounts for them via Azure AD. I would like to use the Approval flow to get their approval on documents. However, they receive an that says, "Your organization does doesn't allow access to Microsoft Flow via your work or school email," when they try selecting Approve or Reject in the email. 

I am not able to use the "Send Email with Options" flow because I need to be able to track who approves/rejects the docuement and the date that they do so. 

If the users are added as guest users to our tenant and they are authenticated, why can't they respond to the Approval Flow? 

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Use Approval Flow with Guest Users

Hi @lgrewe,

Unfortunately you could only run Approval flows to people only in your Organization currently.

Please consider voting for the similar ideal in the forum below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Allow-for-external-non-outlook-accounts-to-submit-app...

Also you could post your own idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @lgrewe!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! If you have already posted your idea to the Flow Community Ideas Forum or found an existing idea to upvote, then you need to post the URL to the idea’s thread as a reply to this thread. Then click "Accept as Solution" on the reply if you approve it as a solution to your issue so that other users may vote for the Flow Idea and identify the information easily within this thread.

Thank You for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager
Gasoto04

@GabrielStJohn hello Gabriel, my name is Gabriel too and I have the same issue. Is this functionality close to be ready?

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, Gabriel! @Gasoto04 😁

Thanks for posting in the Flow Community! It appears that the idea thread has been moved to the "Planned" stage. This means that the feature will hopefully be released within the next couple of weeks. It could take longer than that depending on the order of the features in the queue of our developer team. We are working diligently to bring the top-voted ideas to reality, please stay tuned to the thread for updates:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Allow-for-external-non-outlook-accounts-to-submit-app...

Thanks again!

-Gabriel

-Gabriel
Gasoto04

Thanks for the response @GabrielStJohn ! My question rised up because I saw these realease Notes April'19 from Microsoft. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/April19/microsoft-flow/support-...
In the end it says it is possible via guest users permissions. Or I'm mistaken and cannot find them or it is still "Planned" as you say.
Waiting for your response Smiley Happy

Super User
Super User

As mentioned above, this is something that is likely coming.

There are no dates available from the PG but since it’s in a Planned state all you can do is wait.

I understand that you might have your own project timelines but when we choose to use a cloud service we have to work to someone’s else’s timelines.

Your options are to find a temporary work around, or to wait.

It’s coming. You just need to be patient.

- Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 281 members 4,910 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: