cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KickingApps
Level 8

Use Case: Export an Email attachment and its contents to OneDrive for Business Excel file on a Daily

Greetings,

I have a PowerApp that is connected to a DB2 table.  Within the DB2 table is an employee ID column.  Within the PowerApp, we are using the Office365 connector to search for the user name and patch the names back to the DB2 table.  This is a manual effort that we must trigger each morning.  

So, to my question, anybody know if I could do this with a Flow? And bypass the PowerApp altogether?

Summing up, I would like to:

• Run a query on a DB2 table
    • Find all records where the EmployeeName column is blank
  • Search Office365 based on the employee ID and retrieve the Employee Names
  • Patch Employee Names back to the data source (DB2)

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Use Case: Export an Email attachment and its contents to OneDrive for Business Excel file on a D

Hi @KickingApps,

The title and content a bit confuse me.

Do you want to accomplish the same thing through Flow?

You could use Button as a manual trigger.

1. Use DB2-Get rows action and configure Filter Query to get all records with EmployeeName column empty.

2. Use Apply_to_each to traverse the output of the value of the previous step, and configure Search for users or Get

user profile action to get the corresponding Employee Names based on the employee ID.

3. Update row action is also configured in Apply_to_each, which is populated with the Dynamic content of the output above.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KickingApps
Level 8

Get Rows if Blank (DB2)

@v-bacao-msft - Not sure what happened there with the Subject line -- my apologies.  And thank you for your reply.  What is the filter formula in Get Rows if the EMPLOYEEP_NAME is Blank?  I have tried Null and variations of empty with no luck.

Thanks!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get Rows if Blank (DB2)

Hi @KickingApps,

Have you tried "columnName eq null"?

Note: I suggest that you first use Get Rows to get all the rows, then look at the output of this action and see how the field "EMPLOYEEP_NAME" is represented in the Odata filter query.

Sometimes the field name is different from the one shown in the Odata filter query, because there are special characters in the name that will be converted. For example, "Employee Name" will become "Employee_x0020_Name".

When configuring the Filter query, it is "Employee_x0020_Name eq null".

In addition, if this method still does not work, you could use Compose--Filter array, Get Rows does not need to configure Filter Query, directly use the value of Get Rows, and then set the Column name equal to null.

Note:The "null" here is not a string, but a "null" in the Expression, as below, like:

42.PNG

Take a try.

Best Rgards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 430 members 5,121 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: