cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bennyblanco
Level: Powered On

What happens if flow owner no longer works for organization

If I create a recurring task in Flow (e.g. checking something every day), and next month I resign, will the task still continue? If not, how can I make sure it does? If other owners are added, what would they need to do if the creator of the flow is deleted from the organization?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Pstork1
Level 8

Re: What happens if flow owner no longer works for organization

Assuming that your on-premises Active Directory is syncing with your Office 365 Tenant here is what happens normally.

1. After the user is missing from the AD sync the user account will be deleted in Azure AD
  2. If the user is the only owner then the Flow will be disabled after the user account is deleted
  3. An admin with a P2 license can add an additional owner using the Environment Admin center Resources tab.
  4. The new owner can re-enable the flow and re-authorize the Connections.  At this point the Flow will run again.
  5. An Email will be sent to their manager (per AD) telling them to transfer any necessary content out of user's OneDrive before it is deleted in 30 days
  6. 30 days later the user's OneDrive will be deleted. If the Flow is using OneDrive it will need to be edited to use a different OneDrive before this happens.
4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @bennyblanco 

If only you are the owner the flow will be disabled. 

Else the only thing that they need to do is change the connections(if necessary).

When you share a flow all owners can change the connection.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Gustavo Moraes, o astronauta brasileiro do Flow!

Highlighted
Pstork1
Level 8

Assuming that your on-premises Active Directory is syncing with your Office 365 Tenant here is what happens normally.

1. After the user is missing from the AD sync the user account will be deleted in Azure AD
  2. If the user is the only owner then the Flow will be disabled after the user account is deleted
  3. An admin with a P2 license can add an additional owner using the Environment Admin center Resources tab.
  4. The new owner can re-enable the flow and re-authorize the Connections.  At this point the Flow will run again.
  5. An Email will be sent to their manager (per AD) telling them to transfer any necessary content out of user's OneDrive before it is deleted in 30 days
  6. 30 days later the user's OneDrive will be deleted. If the Flow is using OneDrive it will need to be edited to use a different OneDrive before this happens.
Super User
Super User

@bennyblanco 

I agree with @gamoraes and @Pstork1 but would like to add that you don't need a P2 license to add owners if you are using the Flow license that comes with Office 365.  Also, to the best of my knowledge, you don't need a P2 license to add/remove owners via the Flow admin center (but you need to be a Flow admin....) when using the Office 365 Flow license.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
bennyblanco
Level: Powered On

Thank you all for the replies, very much appreciated, got it now.

>