cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arno1975
Level: Powered On

When a file is modified - dropbox

i have the basic flows When a file is created / modified for dropbox. (so have two flows)

This works fine when i copy and past a file in that directory it gives me a message.

But when my Revit (autodesk program) saves a file to that directory and creates a backup file.. the flow is not triggerd

Capture.JPG

so the pcp file i copied worked fine... but the rte files that where modified and created..did not give a trigger..

how so...does anyone have a solution

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: When a file is modified - dropbox

Have you tried the When a file is modified (properties only) and/or When a file is created (properties only) triggers?

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Arno1975 ,

Could you share a screen shot of your flow?

I have made a test by creating two flows with Dropbox triggers, When a file is created and When a file is modified.

The issue you mentioned could not be reproduced. Whenever a file is created/copied/modified, the flow triggered successfully.

I don’t have the autodesk program Revit to test this issue, not sure if it the cause.

I will do more research and back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Arno1975
Level: Powered On

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

happy to make a skype call and share my screen with you to show it.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Arno1975 ,

After making more tests on this issue, the triggers When a file is modified and When a file is created are working properly when I create/modify files in the folder.

However, I don’t have autodesk program Revit to test this issue.

If you create a file into the Dropbox folder via flow, will that trigger the flow?

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 199 members 5,097 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: