cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack23
Level: Powered On

When new item is added to SharePoint, an incident should be created in ServiceNow

Hi Team,

Whenever a new item is added to ServiceNow, an incident should be created in ServiceNow.
Is this achievable through Flow ?

Please advise.

Thanks

Jagdish

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: When new item is added to SharePoint, an incident should be created in ServiceNow

Hi @Jack23,

Do you want to create an incident record in ServiceNow when a new item is added in SharePoint?

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Administrator
Administrator

Re: When new item is added to SharePoint, an incident should be created in ServiceNow

I would recommend the sharepoint list for sure. its much easier to manipulate the list entry data.

All Replies
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jack23,

Do you want to create an incident record in ServiceNow when a new item is added in SharePoint?

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Jack23

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the response.

I created a flow as it is and then when I submit, I see an error related to authentication.

May be I have a restricted access to perform this action and I have submiited a case to my manager requesting for access.

I'm just curious about knowing If the flow I created can perform below actions.

1. My SharePoint list will have fields like Priority, Short Description, Description, Call Back Number, etc.

2. I would want my flow to capture all of these in a structured manner to the ticket as it is.

3. Flow should also capture data of 'Created by' as caller and caller location. ticket number in ServiceNow will be autogenerated post submission.

Which would you consider is the best process,

1. Having a flow for 'New item added onto SharePoint creating record on ServiceNow  OR

2. Fetching an email from inbox and creating a record in ServiceNow.

Appreciate your time and efforts.

Thanks

Jagadish

Administrator
Administrator

I would recommend the sharepoint list for sure. its much easier to manipulate the list entry data.

anhthuch4ng
Level 8

Hi @Jack23,

Have you had a chance to apply @JonL-MSFT's suggestion to use SharePoint to adapt your Flow?

If yes and you found that solution satisfactory, please go ahead and mark this solutions as "Solved". Smiley Happy

Happy Flowing,

-AT (Community Admin)

Jack23

Hello @JonL-MSFT,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions and I apologize for the delay in response.

The Flow for this item worked successfully Smiley Happy

I'm now trying to modify it as per the business needs.

Appreciate your response.

Regards

Jagadish

Highlighted
Jack23

Hello @anhthuch4ng,

Apologize for the delay in response.

Yes, the suggestion from @JonL-MSFT made it clearer about considering SharePoint for the purpose.

The flow provided by @v-xida-msft worked well after fixing the authentication issue.

Hence, I have marked both the answers as solutions.

Take care.

Regards

Jagadish

>