cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

add multiple lines from a sharepoint list to an approval email

I'm a neophyte with all this, but eager to learn!

I am using the approval flow template in Microsoft Flow in a site list in SharePoint Online.

The columns are Date, Requester, Vendor, SKU/ASIN, Description, etc...

It is a little cumbersome to put in the same date, requester name and vendor for each row, but each item being requested has to be approved and the number of items on a request could be one or 30. So, question 1) Is there a workaround I'm not thinking of to make the redundant information self populate if the item is an addition to the previous?

MAIN QUESTION:

if the requester is ordering multiple items from the same vendor, the approval flow sends one email for each item. Is there a way to combine all requests on that day, from the same requester, for a specific vendor, and put all the items in a single email with an approval button and comment field next to each item?

Last question, out of curiosity, would It be more efficient if I made this a PowerApp? Where would I go to learn how to get started?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: add multiple lines from a sharepoint list to an approval email

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your SharePoint list?

Thanks for your feedback, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently, we could not customize multiple approve/reject buttons within a single email.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an organization that requires a complicated approval process for which I hope to create a flow.

I've got the multi-step approvals worked out, (thanks for the video), but what I don't have is a way to combine information to build the approval.

I have a folder in SharePoint called Purchase Requests. When the backup (quote, shopping cart image, etc..) is uploaded to that folder, an approval is triggered. HOWEVER, I need four pieces of additional information added to the approval request -- Department, Course Number, Justification, and whether the order is over $1,000.

In the SharePoint folder I created columns for each piece of additional information needed for that request. (Plus columns for approval "yes/no" and comments.)

So, how do I get those four pieces of information into the request so it can go out for approval?

I see how I can flow to  a form to the person who uploaded the file, but how do I put the form information into the columns I created in the SharePoint folder? Can I?

I'm sooooo close!

EF1
Level: Powered On

I am looking for a solution to the same problem where multiple sharepoint list items created triggers multiple emails, did you figure out a way to consolidate your list items to send a single email instead of email one per item? 

To answer your main question!

You have to use two lists for this - one for the request itself, and one for the items requested. Then you only need to get the approval on the request itself and only need to gather the additional information in the request itself.

The items requested will just refer (lookup column) to the request itself.

Hope this helps you on the way Smiley Happy

Kind regards, John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, John.

I'm going to blame the next statement on the fact I've been out for a week with the flu and I'm almost positive I've permanently lost brain cells from never-ending headache it gave me. But,

HUH?

So, my people have to do three things? 1. Upload their back up to sharepoint. 2. Create a list item for their request. (I'm assuming you mean basic vendor information?) 3. Create an individual list item for each item they're requesting from the Vendor in item 2.

Lookup column, used them, but how in this circumstance?

I'm sure I'm being incredibly dense and the minute you break it down a little the light bulb will go on....but right now I'm sitting in the blinding darkness.

Thanks,

Leslie

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 57 members 3,452 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: