cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrose1120
Level: Powered On

add/update/delete calendar to both office365 and google

Hi, forgive me if this is found somewhere, but I'm trying to sync a few calendars, a couple O365 and one google.  I have the add working well between all of them, but edit/delete i'm having trouble with.  Is there a template somewhere or proper way to look at this?  I see there is the outlook and google "when an event is added, updated or deleted from a calendar" trigger, i'm just having trouble taking it from that point.  Hopefully this is simple and I'm just missing something obvious, thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: add/update/delete calendar to both office365 and google

Hi @mrose1120,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you create two separated flows on your side?

If you want to sync events between the Outloook calendar and the Google calendar when you delete/edit an event in one of them, I assume that you want to sync Outlook events to Google events, you should include the Outlook event id into the Google event.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When an event is added, updated or deleted" trigger of Outlook connector, specify Calendar id.
  • Add a Condition, left input box set to Action Type dynamic content of the trigger, right input box set to added, within middle drop down, choose is equal to.
  • Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add a "Create an event" action of Google Calendar connector, include the Outlook Event Id (Id dynamic content) into Description field of "Create an event" action.
  • Within "If/no" branch of Condition, add a Condition 2, left input box set to Action Type dynamic content of the trigger, right input box set to updated, within middle drop down, choose is equal to.

Within "If/yes" branch of Condition 2, add a "List the events on a calendar" action, specify Calendar id. Add a "Filter array" action, From set to output of "List the events on a calendar" action, within Condition box, left input box set to Event Description Dynamic content of the "List the events on a calendar" action, right input box set to Id dynamic content of the trigger. Within middle drop down, choose contains. Then add a "Apply to each" action, input parameter set to output of "Filter array" action. Within "Apply to each" action, add a "Update an event" action, Event ID field set to Event Event ID dynamic content of "Filter array" action, the Description field include the Id dynamic content (Outlook Event ID) of the trigger.

Within "If/no" branch of Condition 2, add a "List the events on a calendar 2" action, specify Calendar id. Add a "Filter array 2" action, From set to output of "List the events on a calendar 2" action, within Condition box, left input box set to Event Description Dynamic content of the "List the events on a calendar 2" action, right input box set to Id dynamic content of the trigger. Within middle drop down, choose contains. Then add a "Apply to each 2" action, input parameter set to output of "Filter array 2" action. Within "Apply to each 2" action, add a "Update an event 2" action, Event ID field set to Event Event ID dynamic content of "Filter array 2" action.

Image reference:23.JPG

24.JPG

25.JPG

When I add an event in my Outlook calendar, the fow works successfully as below:26.JPG

When I update an event in my Outlook calendar, the flow works successfully as below:27.JPG

Please also check if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/two-way-sync-with-calendars-check-for-existing-ev...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mrose1120

Thanks, trying this but only adding works.  I get the checkmarks on updating but it seems like its not returning any data.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mrose1120,

Within the "List the events on a calendar" action of the flow I provided above, specify Calendar Id, The Min Time field set to following formula:

2018-01-01T00:00:00.000Z

The Max Time field set to following formula:

addDays(utcNow(),1,'yyyy-MM-ddT00:00:00.000Z')

Image reference:24.JPG

Then try the flow that I provided again to check if the issue is solved.

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:

Using expression in flow actions

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mrose1120

Awesome, that worked... now the next thing... it just copied over some recurring meetings from the o365 calendar to gmail 4 times... is that normal?  Also, lets say I want to sync 3 different calendars, is there a way to make sure they don't just go in a never ending loop?

For example if I set this up from Cal A->Cal B and Cal C, then B to A and C and C to A and B to make sure its all updated, how can I be sure I don't just get an indefinite number of events added for each meeting?

Thanks in advance, glad I discovered Flow this week, support is great too!

mrose1120

hi, just checking on this.

thanks!

mrose1120

hi everyone, REALLY hoping to get some help with the last piece!  Thanks!

gtaybro
Level: Power Up

Try nesting a condition under the yes branches that verifies the event is not already in the other calendar. 

gtaybro

Hi,

so I got this working finally. Instead of using the Gmail update event, I deleted the event first then just recreated the event. This takes a bit longer but it prevents the dup events. Also I increased the number of days in the add days function to more like 200 so that it will search further into the future.

2018-05-09 10_15_10-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

Thomas56

Hi,

Sorry to potentially reopen this case, but you say:

"If you want to sync events between the Outloook calendar and the Google calendar when you delete/edit an event in one of them, I assume that you want to sync Outlook events to Google events, you should include the Outlook event id into the Google event."

In my case, I'm using mainly google calendar. So I'd like my events created, updated or deleted in Google calendar to be modifed accordingly into office 365. But I don't find any detailed steps on how to configure the flow.

Could you please help me? 

Thomas56

I actually found my answer and managed to make it work Smiley Happy 

PJ_RACSB

I have tried the solution in this discussion thread and it isn't working. I have no idea why it isn't working or what I am doing wrong. How do I fix this? 

I was going to take a screen shot, but when I went to edit the flow to take a screen shot it was blank. 

nwdean

I am having an issue with this in that when I go to create an event in Google Calendar it is telling me Time Zone info is missing, I do not see where I can enter that. Any tips?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 275 members 4,274 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: