cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

approval and email with options - capture who is actually clicking the buttons in the email

Is it possible to capture who actually has clicked on the button in the email of an "approval flow" or an "email with option flow"?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: approval and email with options - capture who is actually clicking the buttons in the email

Hi @ ErichH,

As @ScottShearer said, capturing who is actually clicking the buttons are available for " Start an approval" actions. 

However, capturing who is actually clicking the buttons in the "send email with options" is not supported in microsoft flow currently,

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Re: approval and email with options - capture who is actually clicking the buttons in the email

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

The approver name, email, etc. are all available for approval actions. 

I don't see any information from a "email with options" email other than the actual response.  So, I don't see any way of determining who responded if there email was sent to more than one person.

ApproverInfo.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Super User
Super User

hellp Scott,

Indeed, you are correct and I know / see that.

Yet there are cases where people do or want to forward the email and then approver <> person who clicks.

hence my question to the community, whether other people have found a way or see the same need as I do

Erich

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ ErichH,

As @ScottShearer said, capturing who is actually clicking the buttons are available for " Start an approval" actions. 

However, capturing who is actually clicking the buttons in the "send email with options" is not supported in microsoft flow currently,

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 68 members 3,666 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: