Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

change the content type status when approve email

Hi,

I've document library the enable approval content type and i created approval email on this library when new item created.

what i need here is, when i click on approve button from approval email to change the document approval status to approved.

appreciate any help in this.

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff KeremY
PowerApps Staff

Re: change the content type status when approve email

Hi @Anonymous, at the moment, you can only update fields of type text, date, and number. But soon we will allow you to update other types of fields. So if you use a text field to show whether an item is approved, you can do it, simply do an "Update item" action after your approval step in your flow to set your text field to the "Selected Option" of the approval mail.

Hope this works for you while we work on enabling Flow to update other types of fields like choice, people, lookup and managed metadata.

4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff KeremY
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Anonymous, at the moment, you can only update fields of type text, date, and number. But soon we will allow you to update other types of fields. So if you use a text field to show whether an item is approved, you can do it, simply do an "Update item" action after your approval step in your flow to set your text field to the "Selected Option" of the approval mail.

Hope this works for you while we work on enabling Flow to update other types of fields like choice, people, lookup and managed metadata.

csl
Level: Powered On

Hi KeremY

The value add that comes from managing the content approval in a document library is substantial, and the version history is critical in demonstrating compliance in various ISO standards.(e.g. 9001)

Your suggested workaround is to add a text field which seems plausible to capture the approver and date +time of approval and approval status of the document in varrious extra fields.

However it does not-keep the version history approval information intact

And what happens once the document is edited ?

Or did I miss someting?

kind regards

carsten

PowerApps Staff KeremY
PowerApps Staff

Hi @csl, we are indeed working on a new SharePoint connector action that will let you do a content approval as a Flow step. I believe this is what you are looking for to provide a compliant approval capability. We expect this to be available before the end of the year, hopefully by October.

schi
Level: Power Up

Hello KeremY,

do you have an example how to manage content approval as discussed here, i.e. with the focus of approving (and compliantly documenting) ISO 9001 related "documented information"? Would be a great help for me (and I guess a couple of other users as well...).

Thanks,

schi

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 64 members 4,922 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: