I have attempted to use the 'contains' and 'does not contain' evaluation in a condition and they do not seem to work.
I'm trying to determine if I should add a new card to a Trello list by first checking if there's a duplicate card. To accomplish this I'm attempting the following:
1. Using the 'Trello - List the cards in a board' function to get all the cards in the specified board.
2. Using a condition to evaluate the Trello 'Body' from the step above. The condition is: Body - Contains - [value]. I've tried to use both a static value and a variable value in place of [value] in this condition and neither works. I can physically see the value is in the 'Body' output, but for some reason both the 'Contains' and 'Does Not Contain' will not see/recognize the value.
Any suggestions? Or is this just a bug?
I just tried the trello action with condition, and it works for me.
Could you share me your flow url for me to further investigate? like this: https://tip1.flow.microsoft.com/manage/flows/af4664dc-da29-45c0-aacb-2d798a4eb8e8
Could it be linked to a my similar problem for SP list? Not recived a fix yet.
Rfla: it looks like I'm having a very similar/same problem. The 'contains' and 'does not contain' evaluation does not seem to work. I see they reported/initiated a bug fix for your post. Hopefully the bug fix addresses this post as well.
Yes, if you see the example flow I created above, I have a card in the trello with the card name of "testcard". when I use "does not contain", it doesn't satisfy the condition so the sending email action haven't been trigger.
Could you replace the condition with send email and use the body token in the email body? So in this way, we can see what's the real value of each body for debugging this issue.
hi telu, you can't use the 'body' token in the the body of an email. It's not an available option. I can see the body of the output after the flow is ran and find that in the 'name' of one of the cards is the value that is being inserted into the contains evaluation ("name": "(270916-PI-00000005)",), yet it is evaluating as 'No'/false.
Also, another difference in our flows is that you are applying the conditions specifically to the name of the card for each card on the board rather than to the whole body of the trello output. The problem I found with that approach is that you will get an email for every card in the board. So in your test scenario it works fine because you only have one card. If you had 10 cards on your board, then you will get 10 emails. What I'm trying to do is determine if anywhere on the board there is a card with the same identifier and if not add a card. If I loop through every card looking for a name that contains an ID and it is No for each of the cards, then I end up adding a new card every time it evaluates as no.
If you mean put in the actual value (0000000005) rather than the variable 'InnovationID' in the condition, I've already tried that. I get the same result. I think the 'contains' evaluation just does not work with the 'Body' variable. I tried using the contains evaluation on the output of a filtered array, and it didn't work with that either.
Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.
Continue your learning in our online communities.
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.
Find out where you can attend!
Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!