cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lohit
Level: Powered On

kusto run query and list results dont show up extended columns in dynamic content

I have to pull the data from Kusto and dump into Sql server ,While i was trying to load the data into the sql server ,the dynamic content does not throw the value of the extended columns and additonal columns

Is there any work around for the same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lohit

Re: kusto run query and list results dont show up extended columns in dynamic content

Thanks Michael,I found your answer very helpful

But I solved the problem by using the Data operations-Parse JSON Option which helped me in pulling up all the columns

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: kusto run query and list results dont show up extended columns in dynamic content

Hi @Lohit,

"While i was trying to load the data into the sql server ,the dynamic content does not throw the value of the extended columns and additonal columns"

Do you mean the value of Dynamic content for the extended column or additional column is empty?

You should be able to reference the Application Insights query output under Microsoft Flow run details, check to see if the column you mentioned (extended column or additional column ) has a value listed there.

If it has a value, then the value should be not supported for the TextInpout (I suspect here should be a field defined under SQL Server table) where it has been entered with.

If it have a blank double quotes, or nothing else, then this field should not be supported for Microsoft Flow to read its data.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Lohit

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply

But, the Question here is the additional column name which i kept in my kusto query does not appear in dynamic content in order to attach that dynamic content with sqlserver

Here is the sample code,I have an extended column name here as a_isnull

datatable (a:real) [1.0, real(null), real(nan)]

| extend a_isnull=isnull(a)

Now,This a_isnull column should appear in my dynamic content in order to attach this to sql server table column  

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Thanks for the quick update.

Sorry to say that I am not familiar with the code you posted, but if the column is added to the original table, then there should be dynamic content created for it.

Please take a try with the Content search, see if it would help to find this field.

In addition, take a Flow running test, check the output of the Application insights Run Analytics Query Action, see if there is a_isnull field listed there.

If yes, then we could get the proper field with Workflow Definition Language and the Compose Action:

Using the Azure Logic Apps Workflow Definition Language (WDL) in Microsoft Flow

Microsoft Flow should use the Application Insights Run Analytics Query REST API to get the proper data, you may also check to see if the column would be returned under the REST API testing portal.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Lohit

Thanks Michael,I found your answer very helpful

But I solved the problem by using the Data operations-Parse JSON Option which helped me in pulling up all the columns

>