cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Codered
Level: Powered On

Re: microsoft flow get all items with distinct Assigned to (User and group) filed

Hi Scott,

I set it 'Array'

Thank you

Flow05.JPG

ZachRoberts
Level 8

Re: microsoft flow get all items with distinct Assigned to (User and group) filed

@Codered

Ok cool, hmm i see that you initalize the array under the name 'EmailArray' but in your other posts in your screenshots you reference it as 'AssignedToEmailArray'

How is the name being referenced on your 'Append to Array variable' ? It should be from a drop down. Also in your SharePoint list is there a column named 'Assigned To' that is a person column?

Codered
Level: Powered On

Hi Zach,

Now, i created new flow from blank. So everything is new now.

i set initalize the array under the name 'EmailArray' and the value: 

first(item()?['AssignedTo'])?['Email']

Flow06.JPG

Flow07.JPG

Yes, in sharepoint list i have a column name 'Assigned To' that is a person column.

Thank you

dmistry
Level 8

Hi Kris,

Excellent works this is, thanks for the solution and thanks to Gautmish to post such question.

dmistry
Level 8

@gautmish@ZachRoberts

I am able to make this flow to work with your question and solution. Below is the screenshot of the email I receive.

Capture.PNG                                                              The Email Body screenshot you shared had borders and background color added. How can I display task list information in a table based format. I just want to add borders between columns and cells so readability can improve more, basically a table layout with borders. If anyone can help, that would be great. Thanks.

ZachRoberts
Level 8

@dmistry

I added HTML  to my outlook email that is sent which styles the table.

In the body part of the email i have the following:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <style>
           body {
                font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
            }
            table{
                font-family: arial, sans-serif;
                border-collapse: collapse;
                width: 100%;
            }
            td, th {
                border: 1px solid #dddddd;
                text-align: left;
                padding: 8px;
            }
        </style>
    </head>
    <body>
        <h1>Daily Task Report</h1>
        <table>
            <tr>
                <th>Section</th>
                <th>Task Name</th>
                <th>Due Date</th>
              <th>Comments</th>
               <th>Link</th>
            </tr>
            **PLACE OUTPUT FROM JOIN HERE**
        </table>
</body>
</html>

Make sure to place the output from the JOIN in your flow in the spot in the code above.

You will also want to make sure you set your outlook step in your flow is HTML to 'Yes'

Thanks,

Zach

dmistry
Level 8

@ZachRobertsthanks a lot for the help and getting back so quickly.

Can you please share info on what is OUPUT from JOIN? In the send an email I do have Output added in the body of the email. Are you referring to that Output? If not can you share screenshot please, will be very helpful. 

dmistry
Level 8

@v-xida-msft

Hi Kris,

Need your help here. I have the same flow setup on my environment with the help of your solution. 

In addition to the columns of OOTB Task list, I have 4 custom choice columns as Guiding Document (Guiding_x0020_Document), Brand Name(Brand_x0020_Name), Investor and Document Section (Document_x0020_Section). So as depicted in your solution, I added following expression to include that in email that's sent out:Brand NameSmiley Embarassed> item()?['Brand_x0020_Name']?['Value']  

Similarly I added three more expressions for each choice columns making sure their internal names are right. Unfortunately flow fails and I see below error in select action.

SelectAction.JPGFlowFailed.JPG

As soon as I take those custom columns off the select action, the flow then works and sends email out. So I belive it has to be something wrong with Expression formula. I also tried dragging and  dropping data value card for each columns but then flow adds an apply to each block around select action and then flow runs infinitely.

@gautmish@ZachRoberts@Codered@ScottShearer@fzer0 if you guys can help on this, that would be very helpful. I am going nowhere with this, unable to fix, hoping you guys can help. I am simply using the solution provided on this question , the only difference bing additional 3-4 choice columns and its failing. The moment I take those column off of select query, flow works fine then. Hoping you guys can help me here, thanks in advance.

dmistry
Level 8

@v-xida-msft 

Just following up, any update on this, need help on this please.

ZachRoberts
Level 8

@dmistry

Looks to be an issue with the Guiding Document field? Atleast the error screenshot attached in your post is calling this field out. 

Are you able to only remove this field and the flow to complete successfully? 

dmistry
Level 8

I have to take off Brand Name, Investor, Guiding Doc, Document section to get the flow to work. @ZachRoberts

ZachRoberts
Level 8

@dmistry

Missed this reply - I have attached screenshots below of my select statement and then the join that is following it, the join is likely not needed as it adds a div tag to the select. Below that screenshot i have the output from the join added to the html of outlook message.

select_joinpng.pngjoin-output.png

ZachRoberts
Level 8

What types are those columns on your OTB task list? Strings, number?

Do some of those columns have empty fields? I believe that will cause this flow to fail as well. 

dmistry
Level 8

They are custom choice columns and no they are not empty in the task list. @ZachRoberts

dmistry
Level 8

Thanks. Can you send a full screenshot of the second screen grab you shared, I just want to see how you have surrounded Output with table and br tags, thanks again.

ZachRoberts
Level 8

dmistry
Level 8

I follow now, appreciate the help.

ZachRoberts
Level 8

@dmistry

Have you tried the expression below for the new columns?

item()['choicefieldname']?['Value']
dmistry
Level 8

@ZachRoberts yes for Brand Name, I am using the following: item()?['Brand_x0020_Name']?['Value']

ZachRoberts
Level 8

@dmistry

hmm ok ill try to replicate on my end with a choice field and see if i run into the same issue, ill let you know what I find!

Thanks,
Zach

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 537 members 5,989 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: