cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MangoMan09
Level: Powered On

send an email notification says it works but doesn't actually send an email

I recently had to refactor some flows because not everyone that would use it had acess to exchange online, so I had to change the Outlook - Send email to the standard Send Email Notification v3 to guarantee that everyone gets the mail.

It should be a simple replacement task but when it came down to testing the flow it didn't actually send the emails even though it says it did.

I have 3 emails being sent with this connector and an approval in the middle. I only get an email from the Approval bit.

Has anyone experienced this?

9 REPLIES 9
rogrimbe

Re: send an email notification says it works but doesn't actually send an email

Hi MangoMan09, 

you'll need to share a bit more data, if you can. 

the flow screenshot and the last the run status that you said finished with success 

usually when the flow is green it finished fine and did what it should. I use v3 send email and don't have any issues so lets start with more data on your speific case that can help troubleshoot this

MangoMan09

@rogrimbe sorry, I forgot to add those.

In the meantime I made a simpler version of the flow with only 1 variable and no approval, but in the end I had no luck.

It shows it ran successfuly but I don't receive the email.
Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

rogrimbe

Hi MangoMan09, 

thanks for the extra data, now I can see that you are using the SendGrid connector as the email notifications when you said change the outlook I failed to understand that so good thing you added that screenshot, 

I've just tested it and it is working fine for me. one var with my email and got the mail. 

below is the example mail received, did you double check the jank\spam? or maybe once got such emails and decided to unsubscribe? like the email says? (referring to aka.ms/flow-mail) 

test.JPGtest2.JPG

MangoMan09

@rogrimbe thanks for the input. 

I tried sending to a couple other email addresses but I had no return emails again.

I checked all the email boxed and found nothing in them (spam, trash, etc). It's really strange that it worked once and never again. It's not even a complex flow to begin with...

rogrimbe

I agree, its not.

and the fact that it is reaching the email and says it working is starnge. 

maybe stuck somewhere in the middle

Unfortuntly I can't be of any assistance here since I can't reproduce this.

maybe next step is to open an issue with Flow specific to this connector if you have no issue just sending an email to yourself with the other connectors like the outlook. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MangoMan09,

Have you checked the Junk Email? Maybe you've created a Flow before that when the Email with special subject arrives, delete it or move it to the Junk Email.

Have you tried to use another account to create this Flow? And how it runs?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MangoMan09

@rogrimbe Outlook was working fine but the custumer im working for doesn't have an exchange online account for all of the users so we had to swap connectors.

@v-litu-msft and @rogrimbe I tried on a whole enviornment all together and spammed flow. I got all of the emails so there's some hidden throttling on the enviornment I'm developing.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MangoMan09,

Have you tried recreating the SendGrid connection?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MangoMan09

After some more testing I managed to get it working.

I went back to the outlook connector as that one was sending the messages just fine.

Then I changed the trigger from the PowerApps to running when a new row was added on the DB. This way they flow ran as intended and we don't have to worry about assigning more keys to the users later on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 307 members 4,627 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: