Level 8
Accepted Solution

task list

Can we use ms flows with SharePoint task app (task list)? It would be great if it is. 

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team

Re: task list

[ Edited ]

Hi @julieann,

I will help to move this post into Flow forum.

To answer your question, Yes, Task list is available to be used in Microsoft Flow.

By default, when working with List Actions in Microsoft Flow,  Task list is not listed as the available list of the Dropdown list in Microsoft Flow, we need to choose Enter custom value to make it work.

Here we take use of the SharePoint-> "When an item is created " trigger as an example:

1. Choose the Enter custom Value:

34.PNG

2. After that, enter the Task list name in the List Name field, as an example, I created a Task List named with TASK:

36.PNG

Further, if you would like to have the TASK type list to be available in the dropdown list, you may consider submit this as an idea under Microsoft Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

All Replies
Level 8

Sorry. Posted on the wrong site, I was supposed to ask this is on MS Flow community. 

Community Support Team

[ Edited ]

Hi @julieann,

I will help to move this post into Flow forum.

To answer your question, Yes, Task list is available to be used in Microsoft Flow.

By default, when working with List Actions in Microsoft Flow,  Task list is not listed as the available list of the Dropdown list in Microsoft Flow, we need to choose Enter custom value to make it work.

Here we take use of the SharePoint-> "When an item is created " trigger as an example:

1. Choose the Enter custom Value:

34.PNG

2. After that, enter the Task list name in the List Name field, as an example, I created a Task List named with TASK:

36.PNG

Further, if you would like to have the TASK type list to be available in the dropdown list, you may consider submit this as an idea under Microsoft Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Level 8

Thank you Michael! Another question, can we also use the trigger, for example 'when a new item is created', on the task list? because we tried to do that before but the flow is not running.

Community Support Team

Hi @julieann,

Per my testing, it works.

39.PNG

40.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Level 8

Ok, thanks! I'll try again.