cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaylou
Level 8

using no-reply@sharepointonline.com to send email alerts

Hi All,

I am finding another limitation to FLOW that is a bit strange. 

Why do I need to use my ID to create and send alerts? 

My password needs to be changed every 90 days and this will turn into a maintenance nightmare as well as all my FLOWS failing every 90 days!!!  I also do not want all alerts to come from me.

When I add an alert using SPD2013 or click on “Alert me “ from a list, the alerts go out from the "Site" <no-reply@sharepointonline.com>.  I do not have to do anything to have this happen it just works OOTB, Is there a way for FLOW to do this as well?  It can come from <no-reply@FLOW.com> if necessary Smiley Happy

TIA,

Joe

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: using no-reply@sharepointonline.com to send email alerts

Hi @jaylou,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to send email alerts from the "Site" <no-reply@sharepointonline.com> within your flow?

If you want to send email alerts from the "Site" <no-reply@sharepointonline.com> within your flow, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I suppose that you send the alert emails using "Send an email" action of Office 365 Outlook connector, is it true? The "Send an email" action of Office 365 Outlook connector is based on connections. In other words, if User A create a connection to "Send an email" action of Office 365 Outlook connector, the alert email would be sent from User A. If User B create a connection to this action, the alert email would be sent from User B.

If you want to send an alert email instead of using your own account (email address), you could consider take a try to add a "Send an email notification" action of Mail connector within your flow. I have made a test on my side, please take a ry with the following workaround:12.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:14.JPG

13.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jaylou
Level 8

Hi Kris,

I thouight there was a menu item on the tool bar to add an image but it's no longer there.

The Send email alert does take my email address out of the game, but my ultimate goal here would be to have the display name "ListName@blah.com", but I guess FLOW can't do that. 

Maybe I will setup a generic user and change the connection on the send Email task to that account. 

It's a waste of a license and $$, but I dont see a way around this. 

I will add an "Idea"...

Thanks again,

Joe

chinmayvartak
Level: Powered On

I used SharePoint action 'Send an HTTP request to SharePoint' with uri '_api/SP.Utilities.Utility.SendEmail' to send email. It worked liked old SharePoint Designer workflow sending email as a SharePointSite.
Although this approach has limitations like adding attachments to email and sending emails to external email addresses.

Misa

Chinmavartak,

Can you be more specific how you accomplished this using the HTTP request to SP?

Thank you.

Highlighted
chinmayvartak

I used 'Send an HTTP request to SharePoint' action in Flow. with Uri '_api/SP.Utilities.Utility.SendEmail' and Post method.

with body similar 

{  
            'properties': {  
                '__metadata': { 'type': 'SP.Utilities.EmailProperties' },  
                'From': 'no-reply@company.com',  
                'To': { 'results': ['email@comapany.com'] },  
                'Body': 'this is test',  
                'Subject': 'this is test subject'  
            }  
        } 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 4,591 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: