cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidGriffith

403 Error Adding/Removing Users from Groups with Assigned Roles

I am encountering a 403 Forbidden response when attempting to add or remove users to a group that is enabled for assigned roles. My flow works fine with groups that are not role-enabled.

I'm using the Azure AD connector, 'Add user to group' function.

I am running the flow from a service account which is a Global Administrator. I am able to manually add or remove users to all role-enabled groups, and even with Graph Explorer can add users to role-enabled groups without issue, so I'm not sure if this is simply a limitation or if I'm missing something.

Any ideas are appreciated - Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
DavidGriffith

Further testing shows that when trying to use an HTTP action, this is failing for an Application flow, however the following permissions have been granted:

GroupMember.ReadWrite.All     Application     Read and write all group memberships
GroupMember.ReadWrite.All     Delegated     Read and write all group memberships

RoleManagement.ReadWrite.Directory     Application     Read and write directory RBAC settings
RoleManagement.ReadWrite.Directory     Delegated     Read and write directory RBAC settings

*Update: This is working fine from Postman in my testing - I can use Graph Explorer, Postman, etc. but still the action fails using the Azure AD connector

*Update 2: As a workaround/solution, I'm using HTTP to call Graph API to make the updates. Interestingly the HTTP with Azure AD connector's Invoke an HTTP request action fails - unfortunate as I see this as a cleaner solution. I'll keep this open for now in case anyone can chime in and fill in the missing piece!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,113)