cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

502 Error: Unexpected Exception Max Packet Limit Reached

I have a Flow that takes a JSON array created from data in Power BI and inserts that data into SQL using OPENJSON (via a PowerApp; using an on premises gateway). So the flow passes the JSON string as a variable into the stored proc. When I get particularly large data sets, the flow fails, returning a 502 error with the message: ""message": "Unexpected Exception : [0]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayClientMaxPacketLimitReachedException: packet reached the maximum limit = '4' at gateway client." It retries the exec 4 times, so my data ends up being inserted 5 times. I was wondering if anyone is aware of a workaround for this -- the data is getting inserted, so I'm not sure why an error is being thrown.

Thank you for any help.

flow err.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @doubles ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Have you take a try to run the flow again? If the error code 500 or 502 appears, the failure is temporary or transient, please click or tap Resubmit to try the flow again to see if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-alzhan-msft 

Hi Alice,

Thank you for your reply. This has been happening everytime the json string is large enough to not display in the flow dialogue. So it has been resubmitted many times, it just doesn't work when the string is a certain size, it seems.

acuity err2.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,595)