cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djccwl
Frequent Visitor

A bit more of a complex process....

Hey Guys 

winder if anyone can point me in the direction of solving a challenge I’d like to overcome. 

I’m trying to work through how to use power automate to deliver an end to end approval system for a change process where we are often asking multiple different people to deliver a change and we need them to approve it. For example I have 5 suppliers - 1,2,3,4,5. I need to notify them all of a request to do something and I need to get internal approval from person A and B and then I need to be able to store the request in say sharepoint for each of the suppliers and to request an individual approval from them. 

My initial thinking was to use MS forms for the change request form (or they can put it directly into sharepoint using a form) and then allow multiple selection field for which supplier was impacted and then to get sharepoint to create an individual item for each supplier in a sharepoint list. But I just can’t work out how. 

the complexity is I need to ensure that each supplier can only see in sharepoint requests for them any not the others? 

god this sounds complicated when you type it down... maybe this isn’t the right solution (LOL). Any thoughts though would be absolutely welcomed. 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

Your requirement doesn't seem that complicated.

You can do the following-

1. Create a Microsoft Change request form

• Choice type response for Supplier that the change is targeted to.

2. Create SharePoint Lists for each Supplier like Supplier 1, Supplier 2, Supplier 3, Supplier 4 etc...

• Each Sharepoint list will only have permission for those suppliers belonging to that list.
  • If number of supplier are less then this approach will work.

3. Create a Flow that gets triggered whenever a form is submitted

• Start and wait for an Approval (Assign to Approver A and B)
  • If Approved then grab the responses from the form
  • Create a switch based on supplier choice.
  • So for example if Choice equals Supplier 1 then logic moves to switch 1 and update the list item in Supplier 1 list only.

This can totally be implemented, nothing that should be complex in this.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

Your requirement doesn't seem that complicated.

You can do the following-

1. Create a Microsoft Change request form

• Choice type response for Supplier that the change is targeted to.

2. Create SharePoint Lists for each Supplier like Supplier 1, Supplier 2, Supplier 3, Supplier 4 etc...

• Each Sharepoint list will only have permission for those suppliers belonging to that list.
  • If number of supplier are less then this approach will work.

3. Create a Flow that gets triggered whenever a form is submitted

• Start and wait for an Approval (Assign to Approver A and B)
  • If Approved then grab the responses from the form
  • Create a switch based on supplier choice.
  • So for example if Choice equals Supplier 1 then logic moves to switch 1 and update the list item in Supplier 1 list only.

This can totally be implemented, nothing that should be complex in this.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Thanks for this 🙂

how would I get the form to know which sharepoint list to add it to? 

also then how would I create a master view ie so I could see all requests in one list (for the person that admins the end to end process? They would want to try and see everything in one sheet?)

Hello Team,

This is extremely simple. You just need to use the Switch and the logic.

As shown in the image below your switch will work on Choice column of the Form that holds the Supplier values.

Then design 5 cases, I have designed a sample case1 for you where it checks if the choice in the Microsoft form has Supplier 1 then the 1st block of switch executes and creates a List item in Supplier 1 list.

yashkamdar_0-1598864180003.png

Hi @yashkamdar

im finally trying to put this together but my switch isn’t working. I think the reason is because I can often have two/three/four/five/six suppliers highlighted on one form. How can I ensure that I can switch them all out to create individual items? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,311)