cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerPlatform79
Regular Visitor

A flow gets partial value from a column of a SharePoint list

Hello Power Automate Guru,

I have a flow triggered by a Power App button, sending an email message using the Send an email from a Shared Mailbox (V2) action. I set some parameters inside the shared mailbox action to get some item values from a SharePoint list.  

My issue with the flow was that one of the parameters didn't get the full value from a field on a SharePoint list, instead retrieved the first half. The flow ran successfully. 

Afterward, I set up a test flow in the sandbox and ran it several times. However, I couldn't duplicate the issue. The flow ran successfully and got full value from the field. 

Have any of you ever experienced this issue? How did you resolve it?  

2 REPLIES 2
yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

Can you resubmit the same flow iteration (if you remember it) from the Run history and check if the exact same iteration runs again and gives you the correct value.

So for example, suppose your flow iteration (that gave you missing value) ran on 12th October at 10:00 AM, you can see this iteration in the run history and resubmit it.

See upon resubmission if you get the full value, if you do get the full value then rest assured you can forget about the small glitch that might have happened before.

Glitches like this do happen and get sorted automatically.

This would be the best way to troubleshoot and arrive to a decision.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

I tried copying and pasting the entire HTML formatted message instead of testing only the column that has caused this problem. I noticed that Power Automate interpreted a special character (<) in the SP column value as an HTML tag, making the column value cut off. Since HTML formatting is allowed for use, I believe Power Automate should read/deliver the value separate from other HTML tags.

Anyway, thank you again for your support. I greatly appreciate it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,045)